Thursday, August 20, 2009

Yes!


I was worried as they began to tally up the points from the final challenge. I came late to Team Chiarello Is An Asshat, so I panicked.

But Rick Bayless pulled it off. The nice guy finished first.

Rick Bayless seems to cook because he loves sharing authentic Mexican cuisine with the world.

Hubert Keller cooks because he's French and that's what they do.

Michael Chiarello cooks to feed his massive ego.

Congrats Rick! I already ordered your cookbooks!

That said I have to get snarky. They had the five winners of Top Chef on at the dinner table and it was cool to see them. But wouldn't it have been nice to know what they've been up to since they won? And, is it just me, or did Hosea seem totally out of place. The instant they showed him I started singing "One of these things is not like the others........"

Was it just me?

3 comments:

  1. The snarkiest of all wsa the table of food critics! They were the ones that were full fo themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a crush on Rick Bayless...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to eat at Rick's restaurant. I really like him and wanted him or Hubert to win. Rick seems so nice. Those stories were touching, and I really liked their lives through food. That was an excellent challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......