- It was hinted that he was a mob rule, gangster Chicago politician.
- It was said he was--and many think still is--a Muslim.
- It was said he was a member of a black church that hates white people.
- It was said that he was born in Kenya.
- It was said that Hawaiian authorities conspired to have his birth certificate faked so he could be president.
It all sounds crazy until you realize that a majority of Republicans and Southerners firmly believe that Obama is not an American citizen, or say they just don't know for sure. They want him to answer questions about his citizenship even though evidence to the fact that Obama is a citizen has been front and center since his campaign began. I think, for many Republicans and Southerners, it is the unspoken rule that a black man really isn't an American citizen, and could never be one; America is white, or so they'd like you to believe. A black man telling the white man what to do. A black man offering change to this country, working to keep our economy strong and our country safe. A. Black. Man.