Monday, August 17, 2009

Common Sense Is Hot


"You know, I grew up in a religious family, in a religious community and it just doesn't make sense to me. It just doesn't work for me in the long run. I never wanted to step on anyone else's religion and their beliefs -- that's what's great about our country -- until I started seeing it defining policy. ... Like gay marriage, you have a group of people telling other people how to live their lives, and you can't do that....I just say you have to, you really have to check what country you're living in because the freedom that allows you to practice religion is the same freedom you're stepping on. That's not right. And I want to add that if there was a nation of gay married couples who were telling you you couldn't practice your religion, I'd be speaking up for you too. So, let's stop the nonsense."

5 comments:

  1. It's time for the non-believers to come out of the closet. Not easy but necessary! I'm a secular humanist agnostic because I don't know all the answers, but I know the reaction I'll get. I saw Brad say that on Bill Maher's show and was glad he did. I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!! Didya hear that? It was the ring of truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brad is rockin' it lately. I love his outspokenness on behalf of fairness and decency, and against any sort of hatred or discrimination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's handsome, so he must be right (luckily, he is right).

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......