Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Bye Bye Rambler


Paula has left the building.

Paula, never one to shy away from using the media, any form of media, to twitter endlessly about herself, actually used Twitter--big T--to announce that she won't be returning to 'American Idol.'

In a blast of Tweets, Abdul does her usual incoherence dance, saying, "With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to #IDOL. I'll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day1become an international phenomenon."

And they say Simon has a big head.

Then Abdul heaps more glitter onto her ego, saying, "how much I appreciate the undying support and enormous love that you have showered upon me ... I do without any doubt have the BEST fans in the entire world and I love you all."

Paula, however, doesn't say why she's leaving; she doesn't mention her request for $20 million a year, which would keep her in pain killers for a long time. Paula is mum on why.

FOX released their own statement: "Paula Abdul has been an important part of the 'American Idol' family over the last eight seasons and we are saddened that she has decided not to return to the show. While Paula will not be continuing with us, she's a tremendous talent and we wish her the best."

Now, I know there are a lot of folks who will miss Paula, but let's be honest here. What we'll miss are her rambling speaking, and that wacky clapping of hers, the star-crossed eyes, and the inability to form a meaningful sentence.

Paula isn't American Idol. It'll go on without her.

9 comments:

  1. "What we'll miss are her rambling speaking, and that wacky clapping of hers, the star-crossed eyes, and the inability to form a meaningful sentence.

    Paula isn't American Idol."

    Au contraire! AI will be a much duller place exactly because people won't be turning in to see the strange wackiness that you describe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can't be dull with Simon's snark and Randy's dawg and Ryan's ineptitude.
    I just grow tired of Paula's Paula-ness.
    And, for the record, I'd be surprised if they really let her go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bye bye. I am sure she thought Fox would be begging her to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to see her go, but I can't say that I'm all in mourning about it or anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talk about being just a bit crazy!!! While a don't watch American Idol, I'm sure she was annoying as hell on there. Girl is a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula was the second best judge for the sole reason that she has some semblance of a personality... now the show is going to be even more dependent on Simon

    ReplyDelete
  7. She was a cringe inducing spectacle, I for one will not be sad to see her gone. Simon has all the personality IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have totally been expecting this since last season when that other female judge (ie: Paula's replacement) showed up, so no surprise here.

    Next.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......