Friday, August 21, 2009

PR All-Stars and PRs6 [thanks mark in de]

All-Stars?
Santino Rice
Really?
The fool could barely finish an outfit in the season he was on and they call him back....for comic relief I imagine. Except he isn't funny.


Jeffrey Sebelius
He could'a used a bath, and wee bit of imagination because his clothes were a sequinned barf bag.



Chris March.
Love.Him.
Loved that he made a beautiful cohesive collection and that he was so shocked when the judges liked it.


Korto Momolu.
I like her, but if I had to hear her say she had to win one more time I would'a Elvis'd my TV. And the eye roll at Daniel when he won? Grow up, Korto.



Uli Herzner.
I missed her prints. That's all.





Sweet Pea.
It was a little Grandma Hoes To The Prom for me, except for that leather dress. I mean, she's a tattooed-n-pierced biker chick and she makes old lady clothes. Dis......connect.



Mychael Knight.
When did he start putting the Y in his first name? It made me wonder: Y do his clothes look like Macy's Off The Rack. Y?




Daniel Vosovic.
J'adore Daniel.
I had a crush on Daniel during his season and, well, I still have it. Plus I loved his black dress. I'm glad he won, and the judges seem to really like and admire him, too.
_______________________________

And now.....the main event:


PRs6!! Thanks to Mark In DE for that acronym! Loves it!

They're in LA. I don't connect LA to fashion unless the fashion is for hookers and drug addicts. And, well, speaking of hookers and drug addicts....Lindsay Lohan? Guest judge? Fashion icon? I was in shock and ready to hurl a Manolo Blahnick at the TV if I even knew what a Monolo was....okay, I know what it is. But then I did the math: Project Runway is on Lifetime and these shows are roughly a year old because of the lawsuit and Lindsay Lohan couldn't get [I was gonna say arrested but we know that ain't true] a real acting job so she took one on a Lifetime movie.
That's the connection!
That explains it.
Now, don't EVER do that again!

Now, that said, I'm not recapping, because David does the recap to end all recaps. I'll just throw out my rants.

Johnny bailed on the show a couple of times in previous seasons because of a Crystal Meth addiction. Now he's clean and sober [good for him!] and yet he cannot even begin to design without the waterworks. He's this seasons Ricky.


Ari was cuckoo. Ari doesn't 'sketch' her designs so much as go stand on her head next to a wall and hope a design falls out. Buh bye, Ari. The shuttle back to your home planet is boarding at Gate Get The Eff Outta Here!


Mitchell who maid the Victorian dress but got the wrong measurement s and ended up sending a sheer drapery panel down the runway. Not his fault really; he thought they said Granny Dress, not Grammy dress.


Ra'mon. I thought he was adorkable. And I liked his dress. But then, right there at the end, he ruined it for me and he ended up on my Aud'd list. He said :::::gulp::::: "I love you Lindsay."
He.Must.Go.

5 comments:

  1. I was so happy for Chris March and so touched by his reaction. Somewhere I read he is looking doing a TV show. Crossing fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:05 AM

    Love your recap! We had the same reactions. haha. I think it's going to be a fun season. I'm happy that my Minneapolis guy one the first challenge. YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santino is CRAY-ZEE! Loved his Tim Gunn immitations though.
    I think Daniel is cute and all, but seriously, his mini collection looked like he watched a 1984 Madonna music video just before the competition. His outfits looked exactly like her costumes from 1984. I truly did not see what the judges saw in it.

    Ari was a hot mess! For some reason I like waterworks Johnny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do great wrap ups of these shows...what a fun evening of TV last night I was rooting for Korto...to come in 2nd two times seems like such a big "ouch". I feel bad for her. Daniel is a cutie, for sure. My verification word is thingeo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked Daniel's red carpet dress but liked Korto's collection much better. Those "sportswear separates" were strange. I didn't like Korto's reaction. LOVE Chris March! I hope he will have a show. He's writing a blog about PR this season, and it's so him!

    I emailed him about being worried about his sleepiness and heard back from him. It's on my blog. He posted it somewhere and then sent me a copy.

    I like Ra'mon and am going to try to overlook his wrongness about LL.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......