Thursday, August 06, 2009

AAA v AFA


Thank you, AAA, from one-half of a gay family. Thank you.

The American Automobile Association--AAA--has begun offering gay and lesbian couples a 'family' discount. Gay. Lesbian. Family. AAA.

Lovely idea. Unless you belong to asshat group the American Family Association--AFA--whose leader, asshat Donald E. Wildmon has found that his granny panties are in a knot over the announcement.

ON the AFA website, Wildmon has placed an email form so his anti-LGBT minions can express their outrage to AAA's CEO--oy, so many letters....AAA....AFA....CEO....WTF--Robert L. Darbelnet. AFA wants them to use the form to spew their hatred for Darbelnet's business treating the LGBT community as equal citizens of America.

This is their email:

Dear Mr. Darbelnet:
My family and I are deeply shocked and saddened that AAA would alter its Family Membership policy to include recognizing homosexual couples as being “married.”
Thirty states have overwhelmingly voted to define marriage as being between one man and one woman. Yet AAA is treating homosexual couples as if they are married.
My family and I ask you to immediately reverse this policy of recognizing homosexual couples as if they were “married.”
I will share your response with my family and friends.

Well, I'd like to ask you all to write your own letter to AAA, thanking them for their non-discriminatory practices, praising them for making the LGBT community equals in the eyes of AAA.

Email AAA at:

Or write a letter of thanks to:
Robert L. Darbelnet, CEO
AAA
1000 AAA Dr.
Heathrow, FL 32746

Or make a toll-free call to:
1-800-521-8124

Thanks AAA, from a member since 1987.

5 comments:

  1. Girl- you da bomb. I fired of a nice little note as soon as I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:50 AM

    Thanks for this info! I will email them now. Great news that they are offering the discount!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just e-mailed them a thank you note - great reporting, Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Email sent! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's great I didn't know that was possible

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......