Friday, August 21, 2009

If It's Friday We Need An Asshat


"The tornado in Minneapolis was a gentle but firm warning to the ELCA and all of us: Turn from the approval of sin. Turn from the promotion of behaviors that lead to destruction. Reaffirm the great Lutheran heritage of allegiance to the truth and authority of Scripture. Turn back from distorting the grace of God into sensuality. Rejoice in the pardon of the cross of Christ and its power to transform left and right wing sinners."

--Pastor John Piper, letting us all what he knows: that Jesus sent the tornado to Minneapolis because the Lutherans voted to be more accepting of gays.

I get the connection though. Tornadoes make me think of The Wizard of Oz which makes me think of ruby slippers which makes me think of Dorothy which makes me think of "Friends of Dorothy" which makes me think of gay folks.

See, it is always our fault!

5 comments:

  1. Better watch out or God may drop a house on him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:17 AM

    I work just a few blocks from where the tornado was. The building with the most damage, Electric Fetus, sells used CDs, DVDs, novelty gifts, etc. Is god telling us we shouldn't buy those things?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goody, another one telling people that weather phenomena are sent by God. Science, anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I wonder who he'll blame the next earthquake on?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Science? Why no, they haven't heard of it.

    Love that connection you made, Bob!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......