Monday, January 02, 2012

Outstanding Guest Comment Of The Week

So, here we are, the last week of the year has come and gone, and the last award for the coveted....coveted?....ISBL Outstanding Guest Comment of the Week.
I want to thank all you that come by to make me smile, make me think, make me laugh, teach me something, show me something, or just say Hello. The thing I like best about blogging is the conversation, any conversation, and you all come through with flying colors week and week after week.
Thanks so much!
Now, let's rip.

A day late and still, very funny, Sunday Monday Funnies:
Peter said...
The GOP make the best comics, as long as you don't vote for them.
It's getting to the point where every time I hear a politician talk about "family values" or "traditional" marriage, I'm guessing they have a little secret they're keeping, as was the case with Amy Koch Is All About "Family Values":
froggy said...
So many marriages...so little time!
People get all worked up about the "Gay Thing" and yet all they can focus on is the "Sex Thing". I'm here to tell you, that being gay isn't all about sex, and sometimes, A Kiss Is Just A Kiss...Unless It's A Gay Kiss:
tamayn said...
The fuss is the same fuss that people have always made. People who don't like the idea of gay anything immediately jump to the idea of gay sex. If they were less concerned with what happens in our bedrooms and paid more attention to everything else that came with a relationship; love, commitment, responsibility, etc., they'd be better served.

Apparently there is a new subset of sexual outlets, and by "outlets" I mean actual outlets--like the ones that talk Mistress Maddie about sex--with Just For Giggles: Outlet Sex Again!:
Princess said...
I understand that sex can be an outlet for many... But... I find all this "outlet sex"... Quite shocking really
I get annoyed sometimes. I know!! Quelle surprise! But when I get annoyed at a state, well, F**K Michigan over their decidedly anti-gay politics and policies:
Raybeard said...
Oh Lordy! Just what IS it with this eternal fixation, by politicians in your lovely, fascinating country, on gays? JHC!!!! Aren't there REALLY important things to be more concerned about? (I recognise that I'm only echoing the voices of many sensible Americans, but we went through this equality business decades ago - so if WE've managed to get beyond it.....)

How would you feel if, as a boss, one of your employees began openly seeking new employment, and was charging you for their travel expenses to interviews and such, as in Perry Charges Taxpayers For Campaign Expenses:
Wonder Man said...
Texans need to call him on that
I see I wasn't the only one who wanted someplace warm to cavort, which was why I chose Architecture Wednesday: By The Sea as my place to visit:
mistress maddie said...
Oh Bob, this place may be my favorite you have featured!!! I see the Mistress wearing caftans and turbans whilest venturing the halls and outdoor walkways with a gin cock-a-tail!!!!
I grow annoyed when people--and by 'people,' I mean bigots--say LGBT people want special rights, when all we really want is to be treated like everyone else, especially when it comes to loved ones in the hospital, so we don't have to read stories like Hospital Denies Visitation By Lesbian Partner:
Mitch Block said...
I was just yesterday telling new friends here in Sevilla about this problem in the states. They were shocked. It was always one of my great fears when Jerry and I were traveling around the country. And who cares if it's a violation of federal anti-discrimination guidelines? If we are not recognized throughout the US as equal members of society, it will continue to happen. And an apology (possibly) after the fact from a hospital director doesn't make one bit of difference.

Again, I ask, is it any wonder we don't trust politicians to run this country when they can't even run their own personal lives without being cheaters and asshats and liars, like That's Our Newt: Serial Adulterer, Serial Liar:
jadedj said...
"...because he felt she wasn’t “young enough or pretty enough” to be First Lady." And he's such a beauty? Not.
Newt is the male equivalent of a slut.
I quite honestly can't fathom why anyone would want to be in a relationship with this asswipe. 

One of my Random Musings this week was one part admiration for Michelle Obama and one part disgust at the personal attacks the GOP and GOP pundits lob at the First Lady; I wasn't the only one who felt that way:
Princess said...
Hey Bob... I'm pretty sure I saw both the "First Lady's Bushes" on the cover of a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue... didn't everyone? Oh no... my mistake ... they were ad's for incontinence pads and wrinkle cream....
It's a real shame that the current first lady allows herself to be human when out in public... Not!

Whenever I do I Didn't Say It.... I try to mix it up with positive stuff and some asshatted quotes. This week seemed a little heavy on the asshats:
Bill Dameron said...
And you just can't make this sh*t up....I hope the GOP candidates continue to speak their minds. It further seals their fate.

Ask the Cool Cookie said...
Linda Harvey is a LYING CUNT. Yes, I called her a CUNT. Cunt, Cunt, Cunt. I have had to deal with her on a local issue - she lives fifteen minutes away from our house, as the crow flies, and she is a CUNT.
There, I feel better.
I had a great deal of fun sharing a story from the Real Estalker, about how Tyler Perry Is Selling His Queen-Sized Salute To Jesus Mansion:
mistress maddie said...
And the damn cheap skate could even furnish the one room????? And did he chase all the naked boys out of the pool before the shot? 



Sometimes you have to simplify things in order to make sense of it all, as in Just A Thought: US Budget Made Easy:
froggy said...
gulp!








Wonder Man said...
Whoa! 







Biki said...
Holy Hannah! I dont understand why the people we vote into office, cant do simple math. Isn't addition covered in 2nd or 3rd grade?


Peter said...
Shows how good they are at math. Especially when the GOP wants the 'Family Income' to become lower, so your 'credit card spendings' will rise. 


And finally, there was the year ending bit of rumor and innuendo and snark, but then  I Ain't One To Gossip, But....:
Jim said...
Ringin' in the new year with Lindsay baby ... 
Gotta' love it!






tamayn said...
Nothing says A-List like a woman whose entire career depended on running along a beach while bouncing correctly and a former sports star for a sport that doesn't exist outside of England and some former English colonies. Happy New Year La Lohan. May you finally get your life on track. We won't hold our breath, but well, yeah.


But the ISBL Outstanding Guest Comment of the Week award--the coveted....coveted?....ISBLOGCOTW if you will....gores to another blogger who has tired of the personal attacks on Michelle Obama, as she said in  Random Musings:
Beth said...
You know, of all the things I've read recently, that Sensenbrenner thing just about sent me through the roof. Lardass says what? I honestly cannot believe how these dunderheads think they can get away with such patently ridiculous remarks, especially about a First Lady that pretty much everyone who isn't a total dick likes a LOT.
I'm becoming cynical about it, though. A local news station posted the Obama family Christmas picture on their website, and predictably, the idiots came out of the woodwork. Instead of wishing the President and his family a merry Christmas, it was the usual nastiness.
Sometimes I hate people. Stupid people, anyway.

I share Beth's distaste for stupid people, so she gets the nod this week.
Congrats Beth!!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats to my dear friend Nutwood Beth!! I bow to your wit and snarkiness!! Well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Thanks, Bob! I guess I do pretty well when I work up a full steaming head of outrage! ;) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. boggles the mind what 2012 might bring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many terrific comments this week! Seems like I say that every week. Can't help it. Congrats Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:01 PM

    Congrats Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this the end of the coveted ISBL outstanding guest comment? I hope not! I love how people can boil an issue down into a wee bite of snark. And a day without snark is a day without sunshine, yeah?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......