Monday, January 30, 2012

Outstanding Guest Comment Of The Week: The Mistress and My, Um, Boner

Quite the week here at ISBL, with a plethora of posts, good, bad, indifferent, and snarky. So, let's get right to awarding this week's coveted....coveted?....ISBL Outstanding Guest Comment of the Week:
One more week, and another young soul lost forever because, in one brief moment, they decided they couldn't take it. So, we're left with Another One: Phillip Parker:
Frank said...
We need a memorial, something akin to the AIDS Quilt for these children and young men and women who die with the taunts of bullies ringing in their ears. But the sad thing is we shouldn't need one.
Do you really have to go to school to become a doctor? And, if you do, its it at all ethical to sell your soul to a right-wing-nut conservative "news" channel? it must be, because "Doctor" Keith Ablow Goosesteps For FauxNews:

Beth [Missus Bucko] said...

As I commented when another friend posted this on Facebook, this guy blows. (Get it?) :D

Bucko (a.k.a., Ken) [Mister Beth] said...

After reading this, I had to drain my beer and go get another. I despise sanctimonious bastards like this! 


S'A said...
During my drinking days, I drank because it was fun! And I went to Church regularly. (sometimes with a hangover). Now I don't drink, and I don't go to Church. Wonder what he would make of that?!
I missed saying this in the post, but I have a kinda crush on this governor, so I was pleased to hear that Maryland Governor O'Malley Pushes For Equality Again:
Wonder Man said...
hoping for the best
I sent out some Just For Giggles fun with a post about the ability to read backwards and what talent it is....not:
truthspew said...
bɹo˙ʇxǝʇdıןɟ ʇnoqɐ ʍouʞ sn ɟo ǝɯos 'ǝǝs ˙ʇuǝןɐʇ ssǝןǝsn ʎןqıpǝɹɔuı ɹǝɥʇouɐ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı puɐ
And I do wish Blogger would fix the OpenID thing and capchas
Imagine my surprise when I learned that "Doctor" Keith Ablow Goosesteps For Newt:
froggy said...
I'm speechless! I don't know where to start?! What about a woman who decides to have an affair with a married man? Is she really qualified to judge this man as worthy? They see something to admire in his lack of morals, compassion and general meanness? That's it - those are great qualities for a leader!
Living in South Carolina, I know we're kinda sitting at the back of the bus, under that big seat, behind a box, tucked into a corner, when it comes to LGBT rights. But I was thrilled to find out that you can get a specialty pro-LGBT license plate in only three US states, and we're one of them, so BRB: I'm Headed To The DMV:
tamayn said...
I have to say I'm pretty proud of SC and Indiana on this announcement. Equality can use all the support it gets.
I was feeling kind of Sally Field-ish, thinking about Governor Romney and how much we have in common. I took to my rooftop and shouted Oh Mittsy! You're Just Like Me!!:
Mitch Block said...
Yep. And Mitt worries about getting a pink slip. Just like me. And Mitt likes to make random $10,000 bets. Just like me. I had no idea how much "one of us" he really is. Thanks for making it abundantly clear.
I just loves me some architecture; and I really get, um, hot for some innovative stuff, which was why I was pleased with Architecture Wednesday: Split Personality:
Bill Dameron said...
Wrap it up, I'll take it! The house, not the architectural boner. Get your minds out of the gutter, you dirty Internet people....
It's funny, in a sad pathetic way, that some religious folks didn't get the God Is Love memo, especially up north, where Minnesota "Christians" Lobby For The Right To Bully LGBTQ Students:
Rainbow said...
Jesus disowns these heartless, uncharitable people. the y have no right to spew out their heathen lies! They should be brought to jail for inducing suicide!
Then, after that last post, we moved a little further east to discover that New Hampshire Wants To Legalize Hate:
Stan in NH said...
There's more and more ridiculousness and hate legislation coming out of our Republican, tea-bagging,free-stater moronic legislators daily. Hell, we have 400 people in the House, and 24 int he Senate. Both have super majorities. Right now, we're kind of f@#ked, but there's always November! We're planning on getting rid of these @$$holes and replacing them with people of common sense.
if you want to meet our crazy legislators in person, check them out:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/ 
Every so often, someone other than Carlos puts a tingle in my nether regions and I just gotta say Wow:
Tivo Mom said...
He was on Ellen a few days ago and I swear he is hot. I loved him in this random movie "Go" a while ago (he was a drug dealer) but he has gotten better with age.
I adore having fun at the expense of Mister and Missus Swingrich and their utterly normal relationship. I mean, she's a robot, right, and he's a bag of hot air, and if these two kids can find a  way to come together, well, Just For Giggles: The Swingrich's:
Princess said...
It is a clever bit of poster making but have you seen this Bob?
PS CLICK THAT LINK
I had everyone  from Newt to Mittsy to CBS to Mariela Castro to Anonymous in my sights this week in my Random Musings:
Wonder Man said...
love that Newt/Chucky!
And, just a note, all of the comments in Today's Birthdays were outstanding in their own right. Thanks all!
I try really hard to mix things up when reporting what folks are saying each week--sometimes it harder than others--but this week there were all sorts of things and I Didn't Say It....:
Cubby said...
Re: Cynthia Nixon, well said Bob. Bisexuals have the ability to choose. The rest of us, gay and straight, do not. I'm happy for her that she is bisexual and I'm happy that she can choose which gender to have sex with, but it is wrong for her to imply that just because she can choose that the rest of us can choose too.
Tivo Mom said...
I adore NPH and the photos of he and David from Out magazine (I think that was where they were) were beautifully done.
As for Cynthia Nixon...well here is my thing. Ya'll know that as a conservative I am very cut and dry about things. I understand gay, this is how you were made, like any other characteristic and I accept and love you for who you are. Its no different than me having blue eyes or red hair in my mind. I have a harder time with bisexual, and I don't know why. I think because I never thought of being gay as a choice. Sorry rambling I know. I try to accept everyone for who they are, I guess sometimes I have a harder time with this.

I never thought I'd see gelato-inspired fashion, but then I also never thought I'd be so lucky as to see Rami in a tank-top and both came true on PR All-Stars: Ice, Ice Baby:
Sean said...
Who the hell was doing the editing for this episode? If you blinked you missed Rami and even the DVR had a hard time catching a glimpse of Rami but Austin got so much screen time I thought we were having a white out.
I like some good news to end the week, and ready myself for the weekend, and sometimes the good news can make you a little teary-eyed. But good tears, as in Good News Friday: Zac and His Two Dads:
mrs.missalaineus said...
amazing. having first hand experience with the foster care system i can honestly say that holding sexual orientation as a qualification is the stupidest reason to deny a child a loving, stable home, esp when the 'normal' parents couldn't get it right in the first place.
it's just love and wanting to be with someone and have a family with them and it's the most natural basic need in the world and asshole politicians and religious nutjobs make it seem horrible just to try to make themselves look better. it makes me vomit to think of all the kids who will never know a loving family because of petty prejudice.
Bill Dameron said...
Amazing kid, amazing parents. This is love as it was meant to be.
Bad parents, big mouths, pots calling kettles black, dumping the pregnant girlfriend, and seizures from Whip-its. Now, I Ain't One To Gossip, But.....:
Peter said...
Exhaustion, stresses in her life... normal people
I have a little--as yet unpublished--book I wrote, which is also called "I Should Be Laughing." I've posted parts of it here before, but it's been a while, and since my birthday hit, I was thinking about I Should Be Laughing: Harry and Jimmy:
designing wally said...
Wow, 
Heavy....
I'll be back later to comment after I have studied.
Thanks for sharing.
xoxox
w

Princess said...
It's the story of my life!
But my favorite comment this week was, ahem, in regards to my architectural boner, I think, in Architecture Wednesday: Split Personality:
mistress maddie said...
When you said it was modern, clean lines and minimal, I didn't know if you meant the house or your architectural boner!?! But it is a stunner, I love the size of it. The house not your...well......
Yeah, well, thanks for the comments, once again. I do appreciate them all.

3 comments:

  1. blush! lololol Mistress Maddie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out, Bob!
    I am in good company this week! Some good thoughts and ideas flowing out there. Thanks for the stimulating content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Good one, Mistress Maddie!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......