Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Todd Glass Comes Out

Comedian Todd Glass has come out as a gay man on an episode of WTF with Marc Maron.
After a relatively short introduction, Maron tells his listeners that Glass wanted to say something important and that he “decided that this was the place to do it.” But Glass, perhaps feeling a little apprehensive, joked that he was just there to promote his own podcast, leading Maron to say, “I thought you were gay.”
Todd Glass: 
“I have a very hard time saying that. And don’t get this wrong. I don’t want anyone to be ashamed of who they are—especially younger people. I always hated using that term and that’s partly why I’ve always been sympathetic to people who don’t [want to be labeled certain things]. I hate that word. But I like it better than the other word—homosexual....I’m saying what a lot of people already knew.”
One of the main reasons Glass, who says he’s been in a relationship for 15 years, cites as to why he decided to come out is the sense of guilt he’s been feeling, having read so many news stories about LGBT youths committing suicide over their sexuality: 
“I cannot listen to stories about kids killing themselves any longer and not [think] ‘when are you going to have a little blood on your shirt for not being honest about who you are?’”
Welcome out, Todd.And please as accept as your Coming Out gift, a copy of the Gay Agenda, and the obligatory Coming Out Toaster Oven.
And, maybe, your coming out will stop one kid from forgetting that it gets better.
Welcome out.

source

2 comments:

  1. Welcom out, Todd. There truly is power in numbers. I encourage everyone that's in the closet to be honest about who they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ... do you like to change links with my site ?

    http://youlikegaysex.com/berlin-boy

    name = Berlin Boy

    dont forget ...send me backlink please :))

    http://youlikegaysex.com/contact.php

    best regards

    berlin boy

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......