Thursday, January 19, 2012

Open Mouth, Insert Very Expensive Shoe

I'm thinking of asking Mitt Romney if really expensive shoes taste better than, well, say, PayLess shoes. I mean, he would know, right, having spent so much time putting his foot in his mouth.
Down here in South Carolina, where we cheer racism and boo Mexico, Mitt has finally announced that his tax rate is roughly about, oh, give or take, right around there, in the neighborhood of, hem, haw, 15%. Which is less than most middle class Americans.
Worth $250 million and he pays less in taxes than a single worker who, say they earn about $35,350 a year, pays 25% in taxes; families that earn less than $100,000 per year pay more than that.
Oh Mittsy, out of touch much.
But, after taking his foot from his mouth, Mittsy puts it right back in, and says his only "real" income last year--besides the millions he made from investments--came from monies he earned from speaking engagements, and it wasn't really that much.It was, in fact, $374,327.
Here's Mittsy: "[My tax rate is] probably closer to the 15 percent rate than anything. For the past 10 years, my income comes overwhelmingly from investments made in the past, rather than ordinary income or earned annual income. I got a little bit of income from my book, but I gave that all away. Then, I get speakers fees from time to time, but not very much."
And remember, this nearly 400k in speakers fees was earned while he was campaigning for president and "jokingly" said that he was also unemployed. 
Mittsy is the 1%. He will fight for the 1%.
Don't let his smarminess fool you.


source

6 comments:

  1. I'm thinking his advisers have bruises on their foreheads from banging their heads against the wall every time he says something off the cuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up, Mittsy. Keep it up. At this rate, they'll be asking Ross Perot to run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm loving your blog! Where have you been? :)

    About "Mittens", this is the guy who strapped his dog to a cage on the roof of his car for a 12 hour trip to Canada and said "The dog enjoyed it". Then he ended his ridiculous statement with his trademark "HA! HA! HA!" laugh. Three "HA'S". That's when you know Mittens is caught. It is unbelievable to me that this man could actually become president of the US. Then again George W.. Bush became president so ANYTHING is possible. LOVE YOUR BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure hope all these gaffs are used and used well during the actual presidential election (since I expect he'll be the GOP candidate). It would be wonderful to see all this bite him very seriously in the ass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could live comfortably for more than 10 years on one year of speaker's fees. Where do I sign up?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......