Monday, January 23, 2012

Outstanding Guest Comment Of The Week: It's Froggy Again!

Yes, time does fly, because we are once again announcing the nominees and the winner of the coveted....coveted?....ISBL Outstanding Guest Comment of the Week.
And heeeeeeere that are:
It seems as though scarcely a week goes by and we have yet another young person who decides that suicide is their only option to relive themselves from the pain of a lifetime of bullying. That's why we have Another One: Eric James Borges:
Kyle Leach said...
Bob, that is the saddest part for me; all of that love, passion, creativity, and potential erased and for no good reason at all. He just felt alone and didn't feel he could go on. i don't even want to say what I think of his so called parents.
We get good news on the LGBT front quite often these days, but there are still hot spots of bigotry and intolerance in America. One such place is Tennessee: More Phobic Every Day:
Rainbow said...
I officially have a new "stompin a mudhole in" target!! First I need to google and find out exactly how one goes about "stompin a mudhole" and exactly what type of shoes are appropriate for such a thing...I'm guessing slingbacks are out. Also, exactly how much stompin does it take to "stomp him dry"? I have a mani/pedi scheduled for 2pm...just sayin!
Of course I spoke to soon when talking about LGBT suicides, once this week was bad enough, and then there was Another One: Jeff Fehr:
Theaterdog said...
As much as I hate seeing that title "another one" I thank you for keeping the faces we are losing in your blog. It is the same as David Mixner showing the faces of fallen soldiers on his blog.
Am I alone in this, but should we stop using the word "bully" and call this practice what it is, assault.
I was bullied back in the 60s, what is happening to these kids has got to be something I can not imagine.
thank you
I've often said it doesn't matter when or how one comes out, but that everyone must come out. It's awfully hard to denigrate us, when we're open and out and everywhere, so this week was a good week as Todd Glass Comes Out:
www.DiatribesAndOvations.com said...
Welcome out, Todd. There truly is power in numbers. I encourage everyone that's in the closet to be honest about who they are.
The march toward marriage equality is on, people. Washington stepped up, then New Jersey followed suit, and now Illinois Gears Up For The Fight:
Ron said...
Same sex marriages will be Federal law in my lifetime. It is just a matter of time. These troglodytes are just wasting our time opposing what is inevitable.
I'm not a fan of government censorship, as I can censor myself, and censor things from myself quite nicely, thank you. So, on Wednesday, ISBL went dark in the face of SOPA and PIPA and reminded readers that You Could Be Seeing This:
Princess said...
Is this the transcript of the last Republican debate? It clearly explains everything...
I tend to squeal somewhat gleefully when a self-entitled politician says something off the cuff and reveals far more about themselves then they ever intended. This week it was Little Mittsy Romney who got got in the Open Mouth, Insert Very Expensive Shoe kerfuffle....again:
Mitch Block said...
I sure hope all these gaffs are used and used well during the actual presidential election (since I expect he'll be the GOP candidate). It would be wonderful to see all this bite him very seriously in the ass.
Going dark caused a delay in one of my favorites features here at ISBL, so this week we had Architecture Wednesday Thursday: To Downsize, Or Not To Downsize:
twunty mcslore said...
I'm speechless. My mind keeps telling me that it's impossible that all that space is inside that tiny exterior. I'm a little freaked out. Hold me.




Moronic politicians, moronic politician's wives, hot guys, Meryl Streep and movie stars with half a brain, all spurred on my Random Musings:


tamayn said...
There is nothing better than following the GOP debate tweets Dan Savage puts out. Then again my feed never disappoints. I don't know why I didn't get into it sooner.



Man oh man, people were talking this week. Some said fun stuff, some said hateful stuff, some were just douchenozzles. But I won't take the blame because I Didn't Say It...., y'all did...mostly about Ethan Sabo:
Miss Ginger Grant said...
Ethan Sabo: you fucking piece of shit: if you don't want to see me in my bootie shorts, don't come to the gay pride parade. You don't belong their anyway! I'll make a deal with you- if you don't come to my gay pride parade and make fun of my bootie shorts, I won't come to you church and taunt you when you lie to Jeebus about how you love mankind and want peace on earth!
R.J. said...
Ethan Sabo puts the con in HomoCon. His rant makes him sound just like a sick, nasty gay basher.




Wonder Man said...
Ethan Sabo needs to have a seat





Y'all know I'm a whore for the PR, but every so often--well, more often than not--they jump the shark in their challenges. Like when they ask the designers to create a dress for a puppet and then everyone acts like the puppet is a real person. PR: All-Stars: Porcine Prêt-à-Porter, seriously?:
Tiger Chanter said...
I was disappointed that we didn't see the "muppet-sized" version on Miss Piggy at the end! :( 
Miss Ginger Grant said...
Project Runway All "Stars" is a misnomer- Joanna Coles, Schmeidi, and whoever-the-fuck-that-other- bitch-is are decidedly NOT stars! 
Bring back Mrs. Seal, Korange, and the receptionist from Mode- the PR franchise is sinking faster than an Italian ocean liner!
Once again I scoured the web for a feel-good story to start the weekend, and after a week of the stories of Marines urinating on corpses, I was glad this one was also about military men, and women. Those who do the right thing, like Good News Friday: Vets Stand Tall Against Hate:
Beth said...
THAT is a good story. Thank you. I needed that.
Each week I am astounded by the antics of people we call 'celebrities' and the kerfuffles in which they often find themselves...boy-toys, outrageous spending habits, jealous husbands,  spats between divas, and ginormous egos. It's just like life, except, I Ain't One To Gossip, But....:
David said...
Gwyneth Paltrow's success is based on her mom and dad. She's a twit, and nowhere near as talented as a box of hair. I dream one day of kicking her in her lady parts. 


But the Outstanding Guest Comment of the Week the OGCOTW, if you will, was posted almost the instant I posted the winners for last week. It was a comment that stuck with me all week long, partially because it was posted on Another One: Eric James Borges and partially because of the fact that I thank the goddess every day for the parents I have:
froggy said...
I don't think his *parents* deserve that title. They were given the gift of a child and they destroyed it. 
Still gives me chills just reading it.
Thanks Froggy, and thanks to everyone who stops by for a little rant and chat during the week.

6 comments:

  1. Bravo Froggy. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wish I didn't have the occasion to write it.

    tamayn - Dan Savage has a twitter account?! Yippee and there's a debate on tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:58 AM

    Congrats Froggy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Froggy! Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......