Saturday, January 07, 2012

Kristy Comes Out

You know, as a young gay-ling, i would see Kristy McNichol on TV and magazine covers and think, "Hmmm, there's something about her." Just like folks might have looked at me and said, "Hmmm, there's something about him."

At age 49, Kristy McNichol, out of the public eye for more than twenty years, has decided to come out as gay. I knew there was something about her.


Kristy has been living a quiet life with her partner, Martie Allen, for twenty years, but decided to publicly share the news that she is gay because she is "approaching 50" and wants to "be open about who I am."



Her publicist, Jeff Ballard, says, "Kristy is very sad about kids being bullied. She hopes that coming out can help kids who need support. She would like to help others who feel different."

And she has, just by saying those two little words, 'I'm gay.'


Congratulations Kristy, and welcome out. Homo HQ will be sending your complimentary copy of The Gay Agenda, the Official Coming Out Toaster Oven™, as well as a pair of Doc Martens and a gift card to The Home Depot. Welcome out.


I always knew there was something about you, and I always liked you.

11 comments:

  1. She Can Not Be.... almost 50!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:54 AM

    I loved watching her TV shows while growing up. Too bad she's still not acting but I'm happy for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did love watching Kristy. and I agree, I suspected for years, but it was never really official. although those vibes were undeniable!
    So glad for her and hope she enjoys the complimentary blender she'll receive with her Homo Depot Gift Card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salute!!! She did stay in the tabloids a lot there for a good while in her younger years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very happy for Kristy! I remember watching her on Empty Nest and Golden Girls. She's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved her, since Family and Little Darlings. I really wish she would act again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! But, truth be told, I thought that she already HAD come out some time ago! I hate it when I mix up my lesbians! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ive always suspected that kristy might be gay,especially when she was on family.Mainly because even as a gay black kid growing up ive kind of looked up 2 her.She was being herself even if she probably didnt knew it at that time.So good 4 u girl.She and her partner look very happy together.Although I do have 2 admitt that when I was 13,14 yeats old 1976 1977 I had a huge crush on her brother jimmy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awsome I have loved her since Apples Way.vibes.glad to know she is happy totally miss her.grew up watching her on even the afterschool specials God bless you

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......