Monday, January 16, 2012

Outstanding Guest Comment Of The Week: And It's A Tie!

There was a lot said this week on ISBL, so let's just get moving.....
I have a little man crush on a White House chef--and Carlos knows--and it gave me the vapors earlier in the week, so Just Sayin': Sam Kass Is Hot:
twunty mcslore said...
Watch him get his own show. What a tragedy that would be.
/extremesarcasm
Bob said...
From your mouth to Bravo's ears!
/extremedesire =) 
Like Nutwood Beth, who won the ISBLOGCOTW award, I also have a low tolerance for stupid people, which begs the question, What The F**k Is Wrong With Mike O'Neal?:
Dave said...
"Or is everyone in Kansas a bigoted fuckmonkey with the IQ if dirt?"
In a word: yes. 
Princess said...
Doesn't making a "Religiously" veiled threat against a president constitute terrorism? Or does that only apply to Republican Presidents now?
And if you're going to quote biblical passages Mike... Quote the whole thing so that people can see just what an evil sinister fuck you really are...
Some folks just can't deal with the fact that there is a Black man in the White house... can they....
And Bob... remind me never ever to cross you!


Trying no to be outdone by Washington, New Jersey Tries For Equality Again:
froggy said...
I think we've got the edge in this contest as our governor has already gotten on board. Come on, New Jersey, Washington double dogs dare you!
Oh, Those Wacky Catholics! Again!! They are so busy working to bully gay folk, and protect their millions, and buy shoes and jewels, and having children:

Raybeard said...
As an ex-Catholic (devoutly practising right up to my mid-20s) this is yet another story that takes the biscuit! If only there was a fraction of the energy spent on condemning divorce (to be accurate - and re-marrying where the former spouse is still alive), hetero extra-marital sex and artificial contraception as they do on gay sex and gay marriage, they'd be much more credible.
But they won't.
There are just too many people engaging in those first three nowadays that they'd be laughed at and ignored. So they concentrate on what they consider to be a 'softer' target because they know they'll have allies in other religions manifesting naked bigotry and hatred. Meanwhile their clergy can go on siring children almost with impunity - and that's all right then!
(I can hardly wait for the next installment of PAPAL BULL!)
We all have voices, we all use them, to praise and to rant, to preach and to bellow, but we all need to realize that Hate Speech isn't Free....it costs:
Sean said...
I don't understand all these "churches" that exist because someone decided to be a preacher. Because they say they're a church they don't have to pay taxes and can lie under the guise of the bible.
Why don't we form a LGBT church and I don't mean MCC I mean a real "church" that worships at the local gym, drinks the latest cocktail and believes in love, friendship and redecorating the minds of the ignorant and bigoted.
Is that too gay???
Mitch Block said...
I look forward to the first in-your-face challenge of the law in Tennessee. (What do you mean I can't say that ugly thing about that ugly church? Isn't that free speech?)
I might possibly join Sean's church.
I'm so over the hypocrisy of the Catholic Church, which professes to want to help children while hiding predators, and has billions to pay out in lawsuits, but they keep asking for a handout from the flock, but I was stunned when I heard This Just In From The Group That Protects Child Molesters:
twunty mcslore said...
Wait, this was in a newsletter? Shameful, but a good reminder of what our society is still dealing with when it comes to these unrepentant assholes. They really don't give a damn when it comes to the victims.
I'm a fan of education; hell, I'm a product of education. But there are time when i wonder what teachers and administrators are thinking, as is the case with If Little Johnny Beats His Slaves Twice Each Day........Math Class In Georgia:
froggy said...
Cross-curricular is another educational fad and can be useful in some circumstances but not in this instance. What impresses me (or will if they actually are mastering this) is doing division by 8. What stresses me is that they are delving so deeply into slavery at the third grade (beatings?!?!).
As we are now in the throes of winter, I was in the mood for a little Architecture Wednesday: Summer Lovin':
David Dust said...
"Large tumbler" of gin for Maddie?!? Oh honey ... you're gonna need a barrel, or at least a bucket. As well as a HUGE line of credit at the local liquor store.
And I say that with love, of course.
XOXOXOXOXO
Well, those who can, do, and a great many of those who can are Washington state politicians since Washington Is Washington Is Moving Quickly
Ron said...
Well said! I just finished my blog posting this morning on Bill (my partner) and I getting married. Delaware finally passed a civil partnership act, effective January 1st this year, which isn't the same as a marriage but we're getting there. It constantly amazes me how these legislators "struggle with" their decision to provide the SAME EQUALITY UNDER LAW TO ALL OF ITS CITIZENS. What's to decide? Just do it! There are a lot of cowards out there who are on the wrong side of history.
Cubby said...
For many of these politicians, especially Republicans, the choice isn't as much "Equality vs. Non-Equality" as it is "Re-election vs. End of Political Career". I think a lot of these officials want to do the right thing, but they also want to have continued employment. As more of their constituents come to accept civil rights, their choice becomes easier. 

It seems we can't go a week without hearing someone use a homophobic slur, and here in the good old US of A the subsequent "Some of my best friends are gay" non-apology sweeps the whole kerfuffle under the rug. Not so in England, where Open Mouth, Insert Foot, Get Canned:
R.J. said...
You have to be a ginormous moron to get yourself fired from a SEVENTH tier English football club that competes in a league that allows amateur clubs.
So much for the pro football career.

twunty mcslore said...
What RJ said.
Also, you have to love the morals clause they give these guys. The clubs know that their players are role models for kids and their rules of conduct reflect that. Manchester United even benched Rooney just for going out on Boxing Day. The only thing they seem to overlook a bit is tom-catting. Then you are innocent until proven guilty.

Every so often someone fails, but This Is Only a Test:
Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...
Made me look, Made me look...
Bitch

All sorts of thoughts and ideas and complaints and jokes running through my head, spilling out as Random Musings:
Tivo Mom said...
I agree fat girls are mean to Bev. The girls sucked but if one of the boys had to go home why could it have not been Chris with the stupid hair. I liked him the least.
mrpeenee said...
Can't talk, I'm off to go watch House of Lies. Thanks for the tip.
All kinds of folks talking this week, and all kinds of folks talking back, and yet, I Didn't Say It:
Cubby said...
I have a confession to make. I think Jon Huntsman has absolutely beautiful lips and I'd love to make out with him. There I said it.
www.DiatribesAndOvations.com said...
Dammit! Why can't I write things like "Further proof, as if we needed it, that one doesn't need more than a third grade education, at the hands of hillbilly parents and evangelical nutjobs, to be elected to public office in Georgia."?!?!
I'm liking the all-stars on Lifetime, mainly because, so far, the ones that really aren't all-stars, but folks who just wanna second chance, have been Auf'd...and because I got a lovely Tweet from Mondo thanking me for the "mad props" I showed him in PR All-Stars: Couture In A Day but a lot of you seemed more interested in my pajamas:
Mitch Block said...
I lost interest in this show a long time ago. But, you wear flannel PJ bottoms with guitars on them at home???
Tivo Mom said...
I agree that Mondo should have been in the top 3 at least if not the winner. I wonder if you are right and they don't want him to win every challenge because it will make it less interesting. By the way my pajama bottoms have guitars on them too. Just sayin...
www.DiatribesAndOvations.com said...
I liked Michael’s dress more than Mondo’s but, like you said, we all know Mondo’s going to win so they have to at least pretend like it’s not all set up, … right? Apparently, flannel PJ bottoms with guitars on them are IN. Where can I get some?
twunty mcslore said...
Gown Schmown. This challenge was pretty easy which makes it even more astounding when someone flubs it.
Now, if they want a real challenge, they need to design a gown out of your guitar print PJ bottoms.

Sometimes it seems that the world is full of bad news, and I'm gonna try to make a post every Friday--to kick start the weekend--that is just good, sweet stories, like Good News Friday: Minds Can Change:
Biki said...
How completely wonderful! If only more christian parents had that outlook.
Princess said...
This is just like a "breath of fresh air" thank you for bring it to my attention.
I love the comment " God attends gay weddings. Who Knew?"

Ivan Vargas said...
See - this is the kind of news that makes me hold on to the fact that even though we're still not quite there, we are living in one of the most transformative times ever. That is a MOTHER. Love it.
Stan in NH said...
That was an awesome story Bob. Thanks for sharing that one with us. Beautiful.
I Ain't One To Gossip, But.....there are a lot of stories waiting to be told:
froggy said...
I worry about my fellow mammals that paid so much attention to the Kardashians.
Tivo Mom said...
Teboned...LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL


But, as wonderful as these comments are--and, trust me, they are--the ISBL Outstanding Guest Comment of the Week....the coveted ISBLOGCOTW.......goes to.......we have a tie; one mad:e me laugh, one made me think:
The one that make me spew OJ from my nose--note to self: don't drink OJ when reading comments--came during This Is Only A Test:
Mitch Block said...
Hey, I ignored the arrow and I got it right... I mean left. But what if they mean Stage Left? Then right (my right) would be right... I mean left.

And the thouyghtful one is from Hate Speech Isn't Free:
S'A said...
The original idea of free speech was so a person could criticize the government and not get executed for it. Somehow, I don't think calling people names or saying hateful things was what it was intended for.

Congrats to you both, and, as always, thanks to all for stopping by and sharing a comment or two!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I ran my mouth a lot this week.

    Lots of excellent comments, cheers to everyone!

    I still want to see that gown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nod, Bob. Although, I was hoping it would be for the "trading branding for tebowing" comment about Katy Perry. You couldn't have chosen a more boring comment from me. Oh wait, I'll bet you could have. Never mind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And we are off for another week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:18 PM

    Congrats Mitch & S'A!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:47 PM

    As I read your post and reread my comment (thanks) I realized I was wrong.

    Religion is faith and taught. Being LGBT or Straight is NOT faith or taught or wrong. IT JUST IS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I do anything this week but comment on your blog. thanks for the acknowledgment my friend. great week as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a tie? who woulda thunk it.
    Well congrats guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......