Oh, yeah, this is happening in Michele Bachmann's congressional district. Just sayin'.
One district member even called Dan Savage’s It Gets Better campaign " vulgar" and accused Savage--who, with his partner have an adopted son--of teaching children about “three-ways.” Seriously, a campaign that seeks to remind LGBTQ youth that life can get better, that suicide is never an option, to stay strong and stand tall, is vulgar.
That's the Anoka-Hennepin School District, where suicide is on the rise. But the "Christians" don't care because it's gay kids doing the dying.
All this started because some students--six to be exact--sued the district over its “neutrality policy” which says that LGBT issues are not to be discussed in the district’s schools. Those students say that 'neutrailty' makes for a hostile school environment; the district announced last month that they are considering scrapping the policy and replacing it with one that deals with “controversial topics”.
Well, the Parents Action League [PAL], a group of conservative "Christians" who missed the memo that God is love, want the policy to remain. And two such "Christians," Brian Lindquist and Mike Skaalerud presented a PAL resolution, along with a list of demands that include incorporating "ex-gay" therapy into the school resources. see, you can't mention 'gay' but you can brainwash kids into believing there's such a thing as "ex-gay."
In addition, they'd like:
- A new division within the student support services and a special section on the District 11 website devoted to faith, moral conviction, ex-homosexuals and ex-transgenders.
- That District 11 administrators and staff work closely with pro-family and ex-homosexual and ex-transgender organizations to provide ongoing training to school counselors, school nurses, social workers, school psychologists, prevention specialists, student learning advocates and a number of secondary principals and principals.
- Provide professional development opportunities in which philosophical, pedagogical, and political assumptions of GLBT advocacy are critically examined.
- Provide webinars, seminars for all staff on over-coming sexual disorders
- Provide the history of Gay Related Immune Deficiency or GRID--the initial name given to AIDS when it was still only a cluster of gay men though it hasn’t been used since 1984--and acquired immune deficiencies and the medical consequences of homosexual acts.
- That all health classes that address homosexuality be required to provide up-to-date information from the CDC on sexually transmitted diseases and HIV among the groups the CDC designates as men who have sex with men.
She actually blames LGBT advocacy groups for the rash of LGBT suicides in the district. And then, at the meeting this week, she also accused the LGBT community of indoctrinating students.
Babs "Delusional Asshat" Anderson: “On Dec. 25th, on the front page of the Star Tribune, the pro-homosexual media once again held up the St. Paul school district as an example of how the districts should deal with GLBT issues. In St. Paul, the fear of the gay agenda coming into the schools is now a thing of the past. Well, that’s exactly right. There’s no reason to fear it coming in because its so entrenched in their schools that parents have given up all hope of getting it out.”
She then said that the “gay agenda”--and seriously, any bigots out there reading this, tell me exactly what the 'gay agenda' is--was trying to force Christians into the closet, by quoting Steve Warren--whom she described wrongly as a leader in ACT-UP--claiming that his “gay manifesto” was the rallying cry for the community. She failed to mention that the Warren’s article,written under the pseudonym Michael Swift, was satire.
This is what these so-called "Christians" do.
They say the LGBT is out to indoctrinate kids into homosexuality. Well, if we could actually do that, and since gay folks have been around since the beginning of time, wouldn't everyone on the planet have been indoctrinated by now?
They use words like GRID to make HIV/AIDS a gay disease, thereby making young straight men and women susceptible to the virus because they're taught they cannot get it because they're straight.
They use satire, written by us, against us.
So very "Christian".
Here's the deal, Babs, and all you other mind-fucking-ly dumb bigots in the Anoka-Hennepin School District. We, and by we I mean the LGBT community don't give a rats behind about your so-called "Christianity." Some of us are Christians. You can be a Christian. You can preach that homosexuality is wrong--it's called Free Speech. You can say what you want and believe what you want.
But you cannot torture someone who does not fit into your limited worldview. You cannot tell us, daily, that we are gonna die, that God hates us. You cannot push us, shove us, hit us,or put your hands on us, in the name of God.
Because that, Babs, will surely piss her off.