Thursday, March 26, 2009

Seriously....Just Call The Show Now....It's Over

So, I have been following American Idol the last couple of weeks. I stay away when they do their nationwide search, which I think airs only so they can create The American Idol Freak Show; I don't like to watch people make fools of themselves just to get on TV. I think that's sad. But now that they are full-on into competition, I have decided the show is over for me; at least as it exists now. I think it needs to be retitled The Adam Lambert Show. I think they should declare him the winner now, and then spend the next however many weeks, just letting him sing every show. I mean, who else can take Michael Jackson, Johnny Cash and Smokey Robinson, and sing each one, make each one their own, and do so effortlessly? I mean, who?
 
Now, as an aside, Carlos missed The Adam Lambert Show last night, so I was telling him how much I enjoyed his rendition of Tracks Of My Tears, and how much Smokey enjoyed it, because as soon as it was done Smokey Robinson lead the standing ovation. Carlos said, Who's Smokey Robinson? Smokey Robinson! The Motown Sound! The Sound of young America! The Dee-troit sound! I say, Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, Man! Shop Around! The best things in life are free....but you can give 'em to the birds and the bees, I need mo-ney....that's what I want! He actually shrugged, and then muttered something about Chopin. I try to educate him and I get Chopin! Sheesh!

3 comments:

  1. "WHOS SMOKEY ROBINSON???!" you have GOT to be joking!!! Carlos!!! Get with the program dude!

    Adam blew it outta the water last night. I haven't liked him much till last night. without the makeup and his hair back, he's really cute. and that boy ca sing. But Matt can SANG too!!!! I will "get it on" with him anytime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I am exactly like you! I can't bear those 'casting' shows where all the freaks are pushed through the audition process for the singular reason of creating these casting shows. I only begin watching when the top 12 are chosen.

    I thought Adam looked especially dapper last night in his Motown suit and hair combed back. Oh yeah, and that voice. He showed a lot of control and artistry last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *gasp of shock* Carlos!

    If you start now with the blues, discuss the 50's next week, the British Invasion the following week, and so on, I think you should have him up to speed by the time we get to the finals. ;)

    Ken and I have liked Adam from the get-go. He's got that great rock and roll screech, but keeps proving that he is multi-talented. He knocked it out of the park last night!

    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......