Sunday, March 29, 2009

Anne As Judy?


Rumors are a'swirlin' that Anne Hathaway is set to portray the legendary Miss Judy Garland on both the silver screen and the Broadway stage. Both productions are said to be adapted from Gerald Clarke's 2000 biography, Get Happy: The Life of Judy Garland.

Now, I love me some Anne Hathaway. Princess Diaries to Brokeback Mountain to Devil Wears Prada to Rachel Getting Married, I love her; and we all know she can sing after her high-larious stint with one Mister Huge Ackman at the Oscars.

But she'll have her hands full trying to do Judy some justice.

4 comments:

  1. Anne will be a fabulous Judy! And I know this because my word verification, which is like the blogger Magic 8-ball, is "goxysta"- so, goxysta Anne, and make Judy's kids proud... although I'm afriad Liza is too stoned to care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on what Miss Ginger said, my word verification is mujiblog, which also seems to be a good omen. Hope that's right!

    Did you see the movie where Judy Davis played her? I think Anne can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Anne doesn't do Judy justice, every gay man over 40 (like myself) will be furious.

    My word verification is "menthpul"...

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's rather tall to impersonate Judy, who was quite short. But somehow I believe she'll be able to manipulate her voice to sound like Judy. Can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......