Monday, March 23, 2009

I May Not Know Art But I Know What I Like


I have a couple of good friends in California, who happen to be sisters; Marcella and Tina. They are two of five sisters.

I've worked with them and eaten with them and laughed with them and partied with them. We've gone wine tasting in Sonora and Sonoma; we've had parties and lunches and jokes for, going on, almost twenty years.

Hello!

And one day, while having breakfast at the Lake Forest Cafe with Marcella, she showed me some of her mother's watercolors that were displayed around the restaurant.

I immediately fell in love with one of them and bought it on the spot.

I had it in an apartment in Fair Oaks, an apartment in Sacramento, a little downtown bungalow, a home in Miami, and now a dining room in Smallville. It has come with me everywhere and always held a place of prominence in my home.

I love to tell people I have an original Heidi Wilson, and nearly everyone who sees it wants one.

So I was quite surprised, when surfing the net, I found a site that features some of Heidi's work--including a photograph of my original, Tahiti Crotons.

Take a look, and enjoy what you see.

8 comments:

  1. Striking...I would have felt the same way.And I like the way you have featured it with that wall color choice, the orange pillow and the repeated white. Powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice, I need to get into art more

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Bouquet and the Sunflowers. But they are all beautiful. She is very talented, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know much about art either, but I know what I like, and I like Heidi's watercolors. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Bobby-Boo,
    Thanks for putting a smile on my face today. I miss you, one of my favorite paintings by my Mom, and our bloody mary martini times. That was just yesterday.....right??
    I will relay the wonderful words to Heidi-le.

    Missing you, it's time to travel to the West coast...isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful art! I love classical music. I don't always know the name of the piece or who composed it but I know I like it. The same with art. The art matches your decor nicely also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs. de Mille! The art is ready for it's close-up, and I could use a Bloody Mary Martooni!!!

    Mistress Maddie: I actually painted the dining room specifically for the painting!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......