Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Television Tidbits


American Idol. Do the judges listen to themselves? Ever?

It was country week.

Lil Rounds did a song called, I think, "Independence Day." I'd never heard of it. But I sorta enjoyed it. Then the judges tell her that she didn't sound like Lil Rounds. She didn't take the country genre and twist it to her own style.

Adam Lambert sang "Ring of Fire." He did it Middle Eastern, baby, and in my mind, Tore. It. Up. Fan-freakin-tastic. Then the judges tell him he was indulgent, turning the song into what it wasn't.

Huh? What? Huh?

Scot McIntyre sang....something. I can't remember because I don't think he's a good singer. And, damn the torpedoes, I think he's only on the show because he's blind. Come at for that one, Donald! Paula, seemingly not as high as usual, told him that he needs to step away from the piano. Uh.....okay?

Matt Giraud sang....something. I can't remember because he's like a Justin Timberlake wannabe, and really, only Justin Timberlake wants to be Justin Timberlake. Anyway, Matt again sat at the piano, played and sang, and Paula didn't say a word about him getting away from the piano.

Morons.
_____________________________

The Real Housewives of New York.

No real catfights this week.

But a couple of interesting points.

Last week's episode featured the Countess giving etiquette lessons to a group of young girls and chastising her own daughter, the Countletess, for eating with her mouth open.

Flash forward to this week and the Countess is in the kitchen eating. With. Her. Mouth. Open.

Do as I say, beyotch.

But the line of the week goes once again to Bethenny. At lunch with the Countess....lunch? Cocktails is more like it. Anyway, the Countess tells Bethenny that Simon and Alex Van Kampen--I hate them--are writing a book on....wait for it......wait...childrearing.

Bethenny nearly upchucks her SkinnyGirl Maragarita (two parts Patron/one part Cointreau/4 limes/on the rocks) and says...

They'd be better off writing a book on how to use an air conditioning vent to sneak into a party!

I love a Bethenny comeback. Although, and my many many many bartender friends can attest to this, her SkinnyGirl Margarita is fairly close to what I call a Bob-a-rita: Two parts Cuervo Gold, one part Grand Marnier, and one part lime juice, chilled, served straight up.

SkinnyGirl?

Bob-a-rita?

3 comments:

  1. Agree, judges are harsh, and Simon last night was total jerk plus. He's got a lot of hangups and issues and not a wise taste range. One can appreciate something for it's merits and still not like it. He's not willing to appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those women can be so catty...I LOVE it!!! and I cannot STAND Alex and Simon. OMG....they are so fake...even more so than the others, if that's at all possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:38 PM

    I'm not a big Idol fan but I think Lambert would be great in operatic rock, think a Metaloaf type, or even Zeppelin.

    His version of Ring of Fire was great.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......