Friday, March 13, 2009

Yada Yada Yada Blah Blah Blah


Democratic Senator Dennis Damon of Trenton, Maine, the author of a bill to legalize same-sex marriage in that state, says more than 60 legislators have signed on as co-sponsors.

Sixty legislators from both parties; yes, you read that right, both parties. Normally, no more than 10 lawmakers can be listed as co-sponsors of a bill, but with so many willing to sign on, leadership opened it up to unlimited sponsorship. The bill would make Maine the third state, after Massachusetts and Connecticut, to allow gay marriage.

That's great news. The good and great news is that people from both parties are signing on. 
Do you hear that Washington?

Both sides can work together!
______________________________________________________

I seem to be doing a lot of Matt Lauer bashing and Oprah hating lately.

So why stop now.

Mattushka Lauer interviewed Michael Phelps today; they played up the exclusivity of the interview for the past several days like the interview was the second coming of Jesus...and by Jesus, I don't mean Madonna's new playtoy.

Only on NBC.

Only with Matt Lauer.

Only....well, the story is only a few months old.

How special.

And, not to be confused with a journalist Lauer seemed eager to get Phelps to utter the line, I smoke pot. Phelps wouldn't.

Lauer then tried a new tack. Ask about his shame. Remind him, and us, that in 2004 Phelps had a DUI. Uh, I'd forgotten about that, Matt, because Phelps won EIGHT OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALS!

Dumbass. You and your friggin' Peacock Network cashed in on Michael Phelps so much during the Olympics that I thought he was the only American competitor. And now you want to bring him down, to make him beg for forgiveness because he smoked/smokes pot. Lauer acted like smoking pot is akin to terrorism in his earnest questioning regarding BongGate.

Cheese'n'rice, Mattushka, if we had ten bucks for all the people in this country who smoke pot, we could'a used that money to bail out corporate America.
_________________________________________________________
Sidenote: when are we gonna stop adding 'gate' to every scandal?

I started calling Carlos' sleep-noises SnoreGate. My cleaning up the yard is LeafGate. And the spat I had with co-worker is IDidn'tLookAtYouGate.

__________________________________________________________

Chris Brown and Rihanna are recording a duet.

I don't get it.

Call me crazy, but if someone bashed me in the face, and bit me, and was heard on a recording saying they were gonna kill me, I don't think I'd want to be singing alongside them.

But it's all about image and dollar and publicity.

Best way to show these fools that this isn't okay, is to turn off your radio when they come on, and don't lay down a single penny to buy their music.

Their behavior sets a horrible example for the kids in the country.
___________________________________________________
Last night on Survivor: Tocantins, gay contestant Spencer Duhm was asked if he's interested in any of the women on the show, a question he deflected, and later explained:

"My tribemates are not aware that I'm gay. I haven't told them. Only because in the culture that we live in, there's nothing really to gain, or not much to gain from people finding out that you are gay. I don't like hiding it though. I would like to be able to have those conversations when we're talking about girls. I wouldn't mind, you know, makin' like 'Spencer, well what type of guy do you like' or something, but I know that that's not the best option for me in the game at this point, so..."

Nothing to gain, you fool?

How about gaining respect and understanding? How about gaining equal rights? How about shutting your self-loathing mouth and going away and never being heard from again.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:07 PM

    Hi! Thought you might be interested- Spencer is going to be chatting live with fans today on Fancast at 12:30 PT/ 3:30 ET. Great opportunity for us to find out what he was thinking?! Survivor Chat on Fancast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:26 PM

    The Maine thing is interesting but for some perspective:

    There are 151 members of the house and 35 Senators.

    In RI there are 78 house members, 38 senators.

    Rep. Arthur Handy's H5744 which is our marriage equality bill in the house, has 31 cosponsors. I've been told that there are at least 5 to 7 more who are too timid to sign on but support the bill.

    That's half the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. is Spencer that young in the head?

    ReplyDelete
  4. By hiding one's homosexuality, they make more of an issue of it once it is eventually revealed. People think 'I wonder why he didn't say anything before now...' and assume it is due to shame.

    I have found it is best to be out and honest about my sexuality. I act as if no one should take issue with it, and therefore most people don't. In that way I do not make others think its a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, thats a hell of a post. Three of my favorite people in it. Rhinna, Chris Brown and Oraph! I agree with you. They ALL get on my nerves. I wish they would just go away already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good post! I wish everyone would follow your lead about Chris and Rihanna.

    Love your rantgates!

    Mattushka Lauer! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......