Friday, March 20, 2009

Another RantGate


Thanks to Joy over at Babble On for the title!
As you may know, I love to rant about things that annoy me, things I cannot understand, and , well, anything and everything. So here are today's rants, and notice, there is no Matt Lauer rant simply because he's been gone all week.
______________________________

Oprah.
I know, I've ranted about the Big O in the past, but seriously, when is she going to stop milking Rihanna for ratings?
She apparently had an entire show devoted to the Rihanna/Chris Brown situation last week, and then did another show about it yesterday.
Oprah, honey, put down the snack cake and listen to me for a sec, okay? Put it down. It's okay you can have it back when we're done. Put it dow.......that's a good girl.
Oprah, this is a serious topic, and it isn't a topic that went away after Tina left Ike, and then reared it's ugly head again when Chris Brown bit Rihanna. This topic has been around for eons. Sheesh, even you dragged poor Robin Givens outta bed to talk about her life with Mikey.
So why are you bringing it up now?
For ratings.
Even your lap dog, I'm-No-Doctor Phil, is doing shows on the Rihanna factor.
What I'm tryin' to say, O, is don't use Rihanna to score ratings points. It isn't worse because it was Rihanna or Tina or Robin. It's bad because it's bad, and if you want to help, then talk about it more often.
Don't wait until the next celebrity smackdown.
________________________________

Racists.
What's up with them?
I knew we'd encounter a bit more racism after leaving Miami for Smallville, but up here it makes even less sense than anywhere else I've ever lived or been. And that doesn't mean it makes sense at all, anywhere, ever.
One of the women I work with is African-American, and she is horrendously anti-Mexican. For the record, there has been a huge influx of Latinos here in South Carolina over the last few years, so it is a relatively new segment of the population, although that should make no difference. But this one Black woman, who was a friend of sorts, who had met Carlos, and knew us both, one day, out of the blue, she says, Oh no. Mexicans. I hate Mexicans.
Well, I say, Carlos is Mexican.
He's one of the good ones.
One of the good ones? I don't understand how anyone, who has been subjected to racism or sexism or ageism or gay-ism, to any form of hate, can they themselves become haters.
Didn't they learn anything from their own attackers?
And this isn't a Black Thing or a White thing....a yellow red or brown thing....it applies to gay folks just as well.
Think about those who hate you before you open your mouth to spew your own hate.
_________________________________

Those folks who are criticizing President Obama because his people are now saying "the fundamentals of the economy are strong."
And didn't, they say in that snarky tone, didn't John McCain utter those words just last fall? And wasn't he blasted for being a dimwit for saying them?
Yes, he did utter them. But that was before the mess got messier. Before we knew about all the corruption on Wall Street.
And he was blasted for saying them because, as we all know, he was, and is, a man who has stated publicly that he knows nothing about the economy.
__________________________________

And to those same people who are going after President Obama like sharks after blood, just two months into his term.
Where were you during the first six years of the Bush Terrorist Regime? Where were you when the Repugs hid the bodies of our war dead from us as they came home to be buried? Where were you when the Repugs stopped any and all anti-war protesters from getting within eyesight if W? Where were you when he allowed torture to be used....when he said it was okay to spy on Americans.....when he out and out lied to us?
Where were you?
Exactly. So give Obama six years before you open your yaps to complain.
___________________________________

Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan.
__________________________________

UPDATE: This just in from Mistress Maddie and I just had to share:
"I could rant right there with you but I agree with you on all these things and or people. But Paris drives me CRAZY more than anyone. I wish that blonde bimbo ,untalented, rode hard and put away wet, ho ,who looks like a tart as the 3am shift worker at the Jacksonville ,FL Waffle House would just go AWAY!!! How's that?"
__________________________________

Now.
That's all.

7 comments:

  1. I loved loved loved your rants...I guess because I feel the same way about the same topics.

    What really burns my bacon is how some Republicans (not all, but plenty) are trying to condemn Obama for the mess the economy is in. Exsqueeze me? How did it get that way? This was not his doing, and he's left trying to pick up the pieces of an economy smashed to bits by the previous administration's epic failures.

    BLEAHHHH! It makes me crazy!

    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. racism sucks, especially when it's minority against minority

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preach on, my brotha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could rant right there with you but I agree with you on all these things and or people. But Paris drives me CRAZY more than anyone. I wish that blonde bimbo ,untalented, rode hard and put away wet, ho ,who looks like a tart as the 3am shift worker at the Jacksonville ,FL Waffle House would just go AWAY!!! How's that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how, at the end, you just have Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan. period. that's it.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

    XOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good rants! You've become quite the rantaholic (but not rageaholic like George Costanza). I agree with you about all of these and am glad you posted them.

    Thanks for the link! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let it all out man! I bet you feel light as a feather and ready for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......