Friday, March 13, 2009

A Nice Man....If You Met Him On The Street


The story is HERE:

Jim David Adkisson, an unemployed truck driver seething over liberalism, walked into the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church last summer with a sawed-off shotgun in a guitar case and 50 shotgun cartridges on hand. He killed two people and wounded six others before church members wrestled him to the ground.

This happened as 230 church members had gathered to watch a children's musical performance.

Adkisson is now serving a life sentence.

In a four-page suicide note, found in his car after the shooting spree, he said he chose the church because it had “never met a pervert they just didn’t embrace.....They just glory (in) these weirdos and sickos and homos....That ain’t a church, that’s a damned cult.”

It wasn't until his interrogation where he told the police that his wife, who was divorcing him and had taken out a protective order against him, was a member of the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church.

Instead, he called his rage a “a hate crime.....a political protest.....a symbolic killing.”

But Adkisson was furious with his wife, because, as he says, he loved her, but she was a liberal, and he blamed liberals for everything from extending constitutional rights to terrorists at Guantanamo Bay, about how the news media was “the propaganda wing of the Democrat Party,” and how he would like to kill every major Democrat in Congress.

“I’d like to encourage other like-minded people to do what I’ve done. If life ain’t worth living anymore don’t just kill yourself. Do something for your country before you go. Go kill liberals.”

“I regret that I have but one life to give for my country," Adkission said; “I hope I start a movement.” He's a modern day Charles Manson, who, way back in 1969, hoped the Tate-LoBianco murders would incite a race war.

But the capper, as he ended his chat with police about killing innocent people because they are liberals, was when he said, “I just did what I did today....See if you’d met me in a bar … on a street, you’d say, ‘Well, that’s a nice fellow.’ And I am.”

A nice deranged man full of hate and self-loathing....with a gun.

3 comments:

  1. So sad that there are soo many of these fuckers walking the street. I know that one day I could be walking by someone and they are going to come behind me and take me out.

    Then they will be celibrated as a hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sad when obviously mentally ill people go off the deep end. I classify him as mentally ill because I believe people who say things like "Go kill liberals" are obviously mentally ill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's from Tennessee. I'm so proud. Help me now!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......