Friday, June 25, 2010

I Didn't Say It....

LaToya Jackson, on Michael's, er, murder:
"He was murdered for his catalogue and they knew that, and they knew Michael was much more, worth so much more dead than alive. His children deserve the truth. I think his parents deserve the truth, his family and his fans. Personally I think it is a slap in the face, not just to Michael but to the entire family. It's totally unfair, it's wrong and it was not an accident."

His sister deserves the truth, too, and by truth, I mean she thinks she deserves a cut.
Boob jobs and plastic surgery ain't free, y'all.
And Michael's estate is now reportedly worth a cool billion.

Glee creator Ryan Murphy, on the rumor that some members of the cast are using their trailers for some afternoon delight:
"I've dated people I've worked with and, you know, when you work on a set for 18 hours a day I think it's natural. But I have a rule: don't do it in your trailer! They've broken that rule on many occasions. I'm like, 'I know you guys are young and hormonal, but don't do it in your trailer'."
Hmmm, I wonder which ones are doing the deed?
Mister Shue and Puck?
Maybe?
I know! Me, too.

Mike Huckabee, on the "ick" factor about same-sex relationships:
“I do believe that God created male and female and intended for marriage to be the relationship of the two opposite sexes. Male and female are biologically compatible to have a relationship. We can get into the ick factor, but the fact is two men in a relationship, two women in a relationship, biologically, that doesn’t work the same.”
Guess what, Mike. I think there's a great deal of "ick factor" thought about you and the missus doing the nasty, but that doesn't stop you from getting married, does it?
Asshat.

Jesse Tyler Ferguson, on the Modern Family kiss campaign:
"I'm all for progressive movement within the show. I appreciate the passion that some of the fans have. The fact that there is even a campaign on Facebook just shows how many people really love the show and the characters and want to see them happy. I think the writers are proceeding in a very wise way. There's a great PDA episode they're writing about Mitchell's issues with public displays of affection. Viewers shouldn't be expecting a big, 'Gone with the Wind' romantic kiss. It's very beautiful and poignant. The writers are so good, they're really taking that criticism and they're going to run with it and try and create a talking point with it."
I'm looking for to the Cameron/Mitchell smooch. They are, undoubtedly, one of the most committed same-sex partners on network TV, and a kiss would just seal that deal.

American Family Association president Tim Wildmon, on ten year-old Will Phillips being the Grand Marshal of Northwest Arkansas Pride:
"It’s shameful that adults would abuse a brain-washed child in this way. He’s obviously just parroting the nonsense he’s been told by manipulative adults.For gay activists to trot out this child and make him the poster child for promoting unnatural sexual expression is a form of child abuse.
"When you realize that the FDA won’t allow a male to donate blood if he’s had sex with another male even one time since 1977, you begin to understand the enormous health risks involved in this kind of sexual behavior. We call on Mayor Lioneld Jordan of Fayetteville to cancel his plans to issue a proclamation celebrating homosexual behavior and Gay Pride. There is nothing about homosexual conduct to be proud of, and much to be ashamed of."
Oh, but there is much to be proud of when you spread hate and fear, eh, Tim?

Clay Aiken, on why he should replace Simon Cowell on American Idol:
"I've always thought it would be a great addition to the panel to have someone who's a former contestant and knows what it's like to be up on that stage and be critiqued. Well, I'm so far removed from it at this point that I don't know if I remember what it's like, but who knows. I would not put myself out there to be as caustic as he is, but if they want to call me, bring it on. We can talk."
Or, maybe, Clay wants to do it because, really, his career is basically over.
Just sayin'.

Jerry Seinfeld, on Lady GaGa, after she ended up in his box at the Met's game:
"This woman is a jerk. I hate her. I can't believe they put her in my box, which I paid for.
You give people the finger and you get upgraded? Is that the world we're living in now? I wish her the best. You take one 'A' off of that and you've got gag. I don't know what these young people think or how they promote their careers. I'm older, I'm 56....I'm not one of these all-publicity-is-good people. People talk about you need exposure — you could die of exposure."

Word, Jerry.

1 comment:

  1. LaToya is a moron - she's been bragging senseless for far too long - I am not sure if she's all there (if you know what I mean).

    Clay - you know I think American Idol was good b/c of Simon - he was mean but he was sincere - we can't have all of the judges being nice - c'mon someone's gotta give!

    Jerry - you rock!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......