Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Another Boybander Comes Out? Say Whaaaaaaaaaaat?


Yup. It's true.

Another boybander has gone all Stephen Gately, Lance Bass and Ricky Martin on us.

Angelo Garcia, who at one time was the youngest-ever member of Menudo, and, interestingly enough, a bandmate of Ricky Martin's, has come out as gay in the pages of TV Notas.

In the piece, he says he's never been closeted: "I'm very honest about who I am, but I don't like labels...people need to understand that someone's sexuality doesn't make the person. I'm more than that, a son, brother a musician..."

Still, the public statement comes just as he is about to pose nude for a gay magazine.

Uh huh.

Angelo is, of course, also talking about Ricky Martin, saying he always assumed Martin was asexual since he never saw Ricky with a man or woman; and for those of you thinking it--and I know you're out there--Angelo never had a, ahem, relationship with Ricky.

But you can still dream.

Welcome, Angelo, your toaster oven and Guide To The Gay Agenda should be arriving soon.

5 comments:

  1. You can have Angelo, I am holding out for Ricky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:28 PM

    I don't know, Angelo is kind of hot! And yes, Ricky is too. Might be fun to have both at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want them both. Funny part is Angelo is a friend on Facebook and I had no idea who he was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I await the day when there is no need to come out, being judged on who you are as a person, not whom your sexually attracted to, and of trans jokes being as repugnant to the vast majority of humans as racists jokes are today.

    The tide is turning however slowly....and humans being what they are I dont ever see an end to getting a titillation out of bedroom gossip.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......