Friday, June 04, 2010

I Didn't Say It........

LeAnn Rimes, on how she and Eddie Cibrian, who began an affair with one another while both still married to other people, are not homewreckers:
"I take responsibility for everything I've done. I hate that people got hurt. But I don't regret the outcome. It was very emotionally driven. I never once thought what I was doing was OK. I was out of balance. My marriage was out of balance. There was something missing.
"The hardest thing to hear is someone call either of us a home wrecker because we didn't walk into a perfectly happy marriage and ruin it. I don't know what the future holds, but I know it holds Eddie. I'm really happy. I've moved on, and I hope there can be some forgiveness and acceptance."

Hawaii Congressman Charles Djou, on why he was one of five House GOP members to vote in favor repealing DADT:
"I have seen too many instances as an army reservist, soldiers would sign up for a re-enlistment bonus. Get this gigantic sum from the American taxpayer. And then as soon as the unit gets called up to mobilize to Iraq and Afghanistan, they suddenly claim they are gay, with no prior indication of that whatsoever. Get the discharge and keep the bonus. That’s wrong, that’s unfair and that’s why this policy should be changed."

California state Senator Roy Ashburn, on why, as a deeply closeted gay man, he often voted any gay rights legislation:
"My practice in my entire political career when it came to gay issues was to prevent any kind of spotlight from being shined my way, because I was in hiding. So casting any kind of vote might, could in some way, lead to my secret being revealed. That was terrifying to me. It was paralyzing. So I cast some votes that have denied gay people of their basic, equal treatment under the law, and I'm not proud of it. I'm not going to do that again."

Eugene Delgaudio, head of the Christianist group Public Advocate Of The U.S., on the Student Non-Discrimination Act:
"Our children...They’ve been the Radical Homosexuals’ target all along. Now they’re finally going after what they’ve always wanted. Just a few weeks ago, radicals in Congress led by openly homosexual Representative Jared Polis introduced H.R. 4530....a bill to turn America’s schools into indoctrination centers, its classrooms into social laboratories, its playgrounds into homosexual breeding grounds.
"Of course, they’ve disguised the bill’s wicked nature behind the innocent name 'The Student Non-Discrimination Act.' Sound harmless, right? Well, that’s key to their scheme. Honestly, I can hardly imagine a law more harmful. More appropriately, this bill should be called 'The Homosexual Classrooms Act.'
"You see, The Homosexual Classrooms Act was introduced quietly, and some insiders say Nancy Pelosi wants to 'fast-track' it before there is a public outcry. There’s even talk of burying it inside the must-pass Elementary and Secondary Education Act, commonly known as “No Child Left Behind” Reauthorization. If they succeed, they’ll only ensure that No Child is Left Uncorrupted by the poisonous influence of the Homosexual Agenda."

Kristen Stewart, on fame and how being photographed is just like being raped:
"It's so… The photos are so....I feel like I'm looking at someone being raped. A lot of the time I can't handle it. I never expected that this would be my life. What you don't see are the cameras shoved in my face and the bizarre intrusive questions being asked, or the people falling over themselves, screaming and taunting to get a reaction. All you see is an actor or a celebrity lit up but a flash. Your little persona is made up of all the places that people have seen you and what has been said about you. And usually the places that I am are so overwhelming in the moment and fleeting for me - like one second where I've said something stupid, that's me, forever."


UFC fighter Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, on acting--he's playing the role created by Mr. T. in the movie remake of The A Team:
"Acting is kind of gay. It makes you soft. You got all these people combing your hair and putting a coat over your shoulders when you're cold. I don't want a coat over my shoulders! I'm a tough-ass [individual]! Vancouver strikes me as a San Francisco-kind of place. And I don't want [individuals] getting ideas about me. I feel in my heart I'm the toughest [individual] on the planet. And I don't want nothing changing my train of thought."

PETA, on the news that Brooke Shields went to Denmark last March to design a mink coat:
"When I was a little girl, I dreamed about growing up to be a rock star. Or maybe a veterinarian. Or a roller derby queen. I didn't dream about anally electrocuting animals on fur farms, but apparently Brooke Shields did…We understand that when some actors' careers begin to fade, they'll do just about anything to stay in the limelight, including appearing in eyelash-growing commercials and starring in short-lived TV shows. But Brooke, did you really want the world to remember you as a 'fur pimp' who stares agog at rows of animal skins?"

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:13 PM

    Give it time...Delgaudio will be outed soon enough. He looks like a big 'ol mo with his feather-dusted hair and queenly grin.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......