Friday, July 17, 2009

There Really Isn't A Better Use For Their Money?


Okay, so we've had this chat before. You know that I don't understand religion one iota. I don't understand how you can preach the word of God....big G....and then work to discriminate people. How you can sermonize and demonize from a pulpit and then protect child molesters in your midst. I just don't get it.

I don't know that God, but I don't think she'd like that.

You see, while I don't cater much to organized religion, I do have a spiritual belief that, well, for lack of a better word, I'll call god....little g.

I believe that god is love, and that's all. I don't think god is about hate and discrimination. It's just those three words: god is love.

So, I get all hot'n'bothered, and not in a good way, when I read about the Mormon Church and all the money they spent promoting hatred and bigotry and discrimination in California. Is that what your God wants? Couldn't those dollars have gone to something productive like, say, helping the homeless, or feeding the poor? Maybe giving children a good shot at a future? No, the Mormons chose to spend money on hate, and I don't think God, or god, would like that.

And now we have the Catholic Church, one of the dirtiest, money grubbing groups of heathens I've ever heard tale of, sending their dollars to Maine to fight marriage equality there. Don't they have any child molestation cases they need to settle? Aren't there any impoverished Catholics that could use the money better?

All this money being spent on hate when it could be spent on love.

My god doesn't believe in that.

My god is love.

6 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm probably going to Hell for this but didn't God slap the Pope upside the head this morning while he was in the bathtub? "Hey, listen up, why don't you?!?!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. it can be spent on education, jobs, after school programs, community building

    What's wrong with these people?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said. And your god? Is an awesome god!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:03 PM

    I'm not even a small 'g' worshiper. Instead I have faith and believe in 'h', humanity.

    Eventually we do what is right not because of divine guidance but because people only put up with shit for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My G-d agrees with you - and he will give it to those who spread hate.

    Wait and see...........

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've come to the realization in recent years that I am a firm believer in God, it's with his organized followers that I have a huge disconnect.

    You're right Bob, God is love... too bad a lot of folks can't remember that as they work to make some people's lives a hell on earth.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......