Friday, July 24, 2009

Dancing and Weeping

My Mom died of cancer and just when I think it doesn't hurt anymore, something happens to bring back the grief and the tears. I was watching So You Think You Can Dance and there was a dance about breast cancer. I didn't know you could dance about breast cancer, or any cancer; but I watched and it was exactly like what you go through if you have cancer or love someone who has cancer. And when it was over, I had tears in my eyes.Side note: Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise's beard, was on SYTYCD last night, doing an, ahem, homage to Judy Garland. She announced she would be dancing to, and singing, Get Happy.
Note to Katie: You can't sing, dear. And as for dancing, shaking your hips and prancing about the stage does not make you a dancer. try as you might, Katie, you will never be Nicole Kidman.

3 comments:

  1. I never understood why Tom & Nicole went seperate ways... They seemed so good in films... "Far and Away" still one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right there with you, and the Mom thing. It can be the littlest thing that reminds me of Mom, and the tears just begin to flood. First hand I know how you must have felt.
    Far and Away is also one of my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dance was amazing! It touched me in places I haven't gone for a while.

    You are so right about Katie's performance. That was not dancing. Good point about the comparison with Nicole. I read that Tom was there with a camcorder taping everything she did with Suri with him. Is she ever able to be alone without him smothering her?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......