Saturday, July 11, 2009

Nine Years

Nine years ago today I stepped off a plane in Ft Lauderdale, Florida, to find the cutest man, in a bow tie of all things, holding a bunch of roses; for me. Although we had been emailing and talking on the phone for three months, this was the first time we'd ever met. And I knew in that instant that everything was about to change, forever and for the good.

 

Some enchanted evening 

Someone may be laughing 

You may hear him laughing across a crowded room 

And night after night 

As strange as it seems 

The sound of his laughter will sing in your dreams 

Who can explain it? Who can tell you why? 

Fools give you reasons Wise men never try 

Some enchanted evening 

When you find your true love 

Across a crowded room And fly to his side 

And make him your own 

Or all through your life you may dream all alone 

Once you have found him, never let him go 

Once you have found him, never let him go

13 comments:

  1. Congratz Bob!

    I was going to tell you that your post made me start crying and that for some reason I can't stop, but that would be too embarrassing so I won't mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful story and a beautiful song. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs,

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, and I'm so glad for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's like a fairy tale come true! Congratulations to you both and wishing you many,many more years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. You're both so lucky to have found each other. Congrats on 9 years together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Bob & Carlos!!!
    Remember...the first 9 years are the hard part. You are a great couple & I wish you the best.
    You deserve the love.


    I love Jane Olivor BTW...I have seen her concert a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so sweet and makes me smile and keep smiling! Happy Anniversary of meeting your soulmate and hiking the Appalachian Trail into the sunset together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's wonderful, Bob. A big hug and congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:42 PM

    That's ok. I was thinking the other day, September 2nd will make 18 years for Keyron and I. And at the rate marriage equality is going in RI, we're expected to have it by 2011 which will be our 20th.

    Congrats on 9 years though. You've now exceeded the statistical norm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats and hugs to Bob & Carlos!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happiness is....
    Bod & Carlos
    many more loving years together.
    Hugs-Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwwwwwwwwww! Ain't love grand?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......