Friday, July 24, 2009

Asshat Of The Week


Pat Robertson, Asshat For All Time, is quite upset that the Episcopal Church is going to allow gays and lesbians to be ordained as bishops, and that the church is allowing the blessing of same-sex marriages. Through his tears, he is announcing that he hopes the Episcopal Church will die out.

Pat Robertson: "They have lost their way. They were taken over by this controversy having to do with same-sex marriage and the ordination of homosexual bishops. Once they got into that morass and lost their way from scriptural teaching, they didn't have much denomination left....And there will be no tears in my life if the Episcopal Church of America just quietly goes out of business."

7 comments:

  1. How did Christianity go so wrong?

    Some (most?) of these so-called Christian churches are not only not following Jesus, but they are teaching the OPPOSITE of what Jesus taught.

    The only solace I have is knowing that Robertson will burn in hell for his part in destroying Christianity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Robertson, and his cohorts, will end up in re-education camp. A Heavenly Version. He will have to take the camp several times though, as he keeps flunking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a vile and wretched man, one more interested in his own fame and his own opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually still a member of the Episcopal Church even though I don't attend any more. I am proud of them for their stand. Oddly that Debi who makes those comments that piss me off is an Episcopalian but I don't know how because I've never ever known one who has opinions like hers. I don't know how they let her go there.

    When I went to Unity Church, board members were gay and one of the ministers was, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I'm in bed and having a fantastic time, I keep yelling...oh god, god, oh christ. Jesus Christ.
    Now I have had straight sex too, and heard my partner yell the same.
    And it's a helluva lot more personal than a worship service in any church.The intimacy and affection I feel are powerful. I feel and home and safe in the throes of something meaningful to me. In the temporal aact, I feel touched with something universal.
    I feel a connection. And that keeps me away from isolation and seperateness.Separateness is the only ungodliness I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This week and every week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:17 PM

    I can't really say I'm surprised. Being that the Episcopal church is the 2nd largest denomination here in RI encourages me.

    That said, the most 'religion' I can take is a Unitarian Universalist service. They were one of the first gay affirming sects around.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......