Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tennessee Tuesday: Don't Say Gay Bill Advances

Up there in Bigotville, or Hatertown, or Homophobia, that bill to restrict teaching about homosexuality--or even mentioning the word--before high school cleared its first hurdle in the Tennessee state House of Representatives.

The House Education subcommittee actually approved the “Don’t Say Gay” bill on a voice vote and accepted the version of the bill that passed the state Senate late in last year’s session.

Opponents say the bill will not curb talk about homosexuality among grade school kids but will send the signal that it should be stigmatized, that it's different, that it's bad, that, maybe, it's something to be bullied.

But proponents, or as I like to call them, delusional asshats, say the bill protects parents’ right to educate their children about their beliefs on their own terms.

One such delusional asshat, state Rep. John DeBerry, a Democrat[?]  says, "The basic right as an American is my right to life, my right to liberty and my right to the pursuit of happiness. Within that includes being able to run my home, raise my children as I see fit and to indoctrinate them as I see fit.”

Wait.Let me get this queer. He wants to indoctrinate children? I thought his ilk always say the LGBT Agenda was to indoctrinate children. Oh, but indoctrinating hate is different that indoctrinating understanding.

Way to go, asshat.

Tennessee, you're making me sick.

4 comments:

  1. It's all about bagels. (That West Wing episode where they wouldn't say the word recession, call it a bagel.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tennessee makes me sick, too. And I live here. For now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that what Catholic school is for? (or in our little town, Lutheran school!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up in the Fifties. They never said the word "gay" in the school where I went. I was still gay anyway, sans indoctrination in my school. In fact, I thought I was "the only one."

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......