Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Drake Jensen Comes Out

In the wake of LGBT teen Jamie Hubley's suicide, Canadian country singer Drake Jensen has come out as a gay man.
“As a child I always knew there was something different about me above and beyond the gay thing. Even during the worst of the bullying I always felt I would make it through. My small town was like a pack of wolves; they sniffed out the damaged ones and turned on them. I was that wolf that was different from everybody else but I always knew God had something special in mind for me...I have been so lucky to be given so much, I have no choice but to give back. I give back through my music and through my story. I’m a homosexual musician telling my story through songs and spreading the message of love. In a perfect world, what could be wrong with that?”
Drake Jensen dedicated his video “On My Way to Finding You” to Jamie Hubley and it is the first gay country music videos ever produced and features an appearance by Drake jensen's husband.
Welcome out Drake. And, of course, accept a copy of The Gay Agenda, and the Coming Out Toaster Oven from Homo HQ.
And, most of all, thanks for remembering Jamie.

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely coming out dedication... It just angers me that kids are still killing themselves... and our GLBT community feel the need to continually justify our existence by coming out... I don't see people announcing their heterosexuality to the world. In an ideal world there would be no need for either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. But videos like this make us a step closer to that ideal world for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And as more people come out from all walks of life, the more apparent it will become that there aren't huge differences among us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I respect Drake for his bravery. If only more like him would come out this world would be a better place because young people would have more positive gay role models.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......