Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Architecture Wednesday: The Pump House

I'm a big fan of recycling. We separate paper from plastic, bottle from can, and I love to scour antique stores and consignment shops looking for cool things to have around the house. So, why not recycle a municipal building into a private home, rather than tear it down?
This home, in England, is perched on the edge of Ilkley Moor--and that sounds just loverly, eh?--was built in 1848 as a water pumping station. The Pump House has been exquisitely remodelled to create an über contemporary dwelling.
The solid oak staircase leads you up to the top deck offering the ultimate in open plan living along with the parapet balcony, a great place to unwind with a specially made Bobarita® perhaps! 
Now, it isn't exactly huge, just three bedrooms and three bathrooms, but it is a piece of history remodeled and updated with all the create comforts and luxuries.
The property is bursting with state-of-the art technology including overhead speakers to all rooms with LAN points, a dual hydraulic German engineered garage lift system, infrared high security cameras and intercom system with electric gates. 
This is a property James Bond would be proud of and it could be....For your eyes...
Daniel Craig not included.


via HomeDSGN

7 comments:

  1. Best part? Daniel Craig on the big screen TV. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my...when I saw the post title Pump house, I was thinking gay bath! Great name for one you have to admit. hmmmm, this would make a swank one, thats for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:05 AM

    I love this place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to Recycle old landmarks....
    Put me in the same "Filthy Bitch" category as Maddie! The same thoughts crossed my mind when I read the title...
    Very Swanky....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd always heard that Daniel Craig had a big gun...

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I - personally - am not fond of the ultra modern interior, I have always been fascinated by these buildings here in the US.

    So many of these wonderful old utility buildings were built in the 1900-1930s in the neoclassical style and seem like they would be wonderful to retrofit as a residence.

    My interior choices would probably lean more towards industrial Art Nouveau and possibly a Steampunk aesthetic.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......