Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Architecture Wednesday: The Pump House

I'm a big fan of recycling. We separate paper from plastic, bottle from can, and I love to scour antique stores and consignment shops looking for cool things to have around the house. So, why not recycle a municipal building into a private home, rather than tear it down?
This home, in England, is perched on the edge of Ilkley Moor--and that sounds just loverly, eh?--was built in 1848 as a water pumping station. The Pump House has been exquisitely remodelled to create an ├╝ber contemporary dwelling.
The solid oak staircase leads you up to the top deck offering the ultimate in open plan living along with the parapet balcony, a great place to unwind with a specially made Bobarita® perhaps! 
Now, it isn't exactly huge, just three bedrooms and three bathrooms, but it is a piece of history remodeled and updated with all the create comforts and luxuries.
The property is bursting with state-of-the art technology including overhead speakers to all rooms with LAN points, a dual hydraulic German engineered garage lift system, infrared high security cameras and intercom system with electric gates. 
This is a property James Bond would be proud of and it could be....For your eyes...
Daniel Craig not included.


via HomeDSGN

7 comments:

Beth said...

Best part? Daniel Craig on the big screen TV. :D

mistress maddie said...

oh my...when I saw the post title Pump house, I was thinking gay bath! Great name for one you have to admit. hmmmm, this would make a swank one, thats for sure!

Wonder Man said...

cute

R.J. said...

I love this place!

Princess said...

What a great way to Recycle old landmarks....
Put me in the same "Filthy Bitch" category as Maddie! The same thoughts crossed my mind when I read the title...
Very Swanky....

Tiger Chanter said...

I'd always heard that Daniel Craig had a big gun...

DuPree said...

While I - personally - am not fond of the ultra modern interior, I have always been fascinated by these buildings here in the US.

So many of these wonderful old utility buildings were built in the 1900-1930s in the neoclassical style and seem like they would be wonderful to retrofit as a residence.

My interior choices would probably lean more towards industrial Art Nouveau and possibly a Steampunk aesthetic.