Thursday, February 02, 2012

Random Musings

Top Chef Pee Wee.
"I have to say this is the best pancake I've ever tasted."
I didn't like the winner. Lindsey.  I don't like the winner.
I was sad to see the Grayson go, and even sadder to watch chubby mean girl Sarah and her phony acting skills put to the test as she said good-bye to Grayson.
Bitch.
Both of 'em.

The only saving grace is that, fingers crossed, Bev comes back next week and kicks both of their asses. Literally.


It's a bloodbath at The X Factor.
Or so I've heard because I don't watch it. 

I mean, isn't it just an American Idol knock-off, which, in itself, was a knock-off of Pop Idol
I mean, X Factor, Idol, The Voice, America's Got Talent. Really, who cares?
Simon Cowell, apparently.
As producer of The X Factor he fired pretty boy, but empty-headed, host Steve Jones, and dumped argumentative Nicole Scherzinger. He's even :::gasp::: fired best buddy, Paul Abdul.
Simon apparently has said he wants to take the show in a different direction.
Like toward being a hit?



So. last Friday was my birthday, but because of things like work :::bleeech::: and stuff, we decided to celebrate on Saturday. Naturally, I assumed this would mean dinner out with friend, though Carlos wasn't saying. 
He spent the day puttering around the house, doing little projects, so I decided to tackle one of my own. I ripped chair rail out of the hallway in preparation to paint and turn it into a gallery of sorts for pictures taken on our vacations and so on. 
I busily pried and screwed and hammered that chair rail down, and as I was about halfway though, Carlos looked at me, shocked, and asked what I was doing.
The hallway was a wreck. But, I said, I'll patch the holes, sand and prime, and then paint.
Carlos, "I invited the guys here for dinner tonight for your birthday."
Oops.



File this under creepy.
It seems that Mitt Romney converted his father-in-law to Mormonism; after the man had died.
Edward Davies, Ann Romney's father, was an atheist who insisted that his family be raised without participating in an organized religion, so it must have come as a shock when his daughter took up with Mittsy, and soon converted to Mormonism herself.  

And the conversions continued. Mittsy and his father, George, convinced Ann's younger brother to become a Mormon, then went after her older brother, who also converted. Ann's mother converted to Mormonism following the death of her husband in 1992.
And, because Mormons believe that families will be reunited in eternity after death, Ann and Mittsy posthumously....POSTHUMOUSLY....converted her atheist father to Mormonism, having him baptized as a Mormon at a "special family meeting" more than a year after his death.
I guess to the Romney's, Edward Davies' personal beliefs don't matter as much as theirs.



Sad news. the Outwrite Bookstore & Coffeehouse in Atlanta is now closed. And there is no new location picked out.
This truly saddens me because it was one place we visited whenever we went to Atlanta, and there really is no such thing as an LGBT bookstore near Smallville, or maybe even in the entire state.
Sad news.




After declaring that the masses should vote on equality, New Jersey Governor Chris "Krispy Kreme" Christie also faced criticism over remarks  in which he suggested African-Americans pursuing their civil rights would have wanted a voter referendum, too.
He has since been schooled. And by that, I mean someone told him he's a dumb fuck. And he apologized: “Anybody who was offended by what I said...I apologize for that. I didn’t mean to offend anybody, and if I did I’m sorry....I also recognize that my job...is to clearly communicate to people what I’m thinking, every time I open my mouth. And I try to be very good about being very direct about what I say so that there’s no ambiguity but obviously when I was talking last week at the town hall meeting about the civil rights movement in the South, I wasn’t clear enough...And what I did was, by saying those things, I left them open to misinterpretation and...I apologize for that."
Let's dissect. 
He's sorry we're offended, not that he's an idiot.
It's not his fault because he left his words open for misinterpretation, not that he's an idiot.
He wasn't clear, because he's an idiot.
Good? Now we know all we need: Chris Christie is a big fat idiot.


Mittsy?
Stop singing. 

It's enough already.
I'm actually sick of America the Beautiful because of you.

9 comments:

  1. Re "It's a bloodbath at The X Factor."
    I guess that when one has gone so low in attempting to entertain the masses the only direction left is up... or otherwise... close the lid and flush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 years ago for my birthday my husband surprised me with dinner with friends. Earlier in the day (because we were supposed to be staying home) I tried to color my own hair. I still refer to it as the unfortunate magenta incident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know every time MittR. sings or doesn't care about poor people there is a staffer in the background ripping off his tie and leaping in front of a handy truck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice musings this week Bob, but I'm confused why in the second to last musing there is a picture of bubba?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:20 PM

    I find this whole Mormon posthumously converting bones and dust to be ridiculous. For them to be doing it and for me to having to read about it. While it is a violation of sorts, if the person was religious (most feel) the spirit has left the body so no conversion and if the person wasn't religious then it's a fuck'n waste of time and money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the mormons are also well known for baptising jewish people who died in the holocaust. many times they have been told to stop, and they do, for a while. so whats up with them and their mania for bapisting dead jews?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for pointing out the hypocrisy of Governor Christie's apology. He's only saying that if you were offended, he's sorry. He's not saying that what he said was wrong. It's a non-apology.

    Also, no matter what Mitt Romney does, it's not as effortlessly cool as Obama. The bad singing isn't the problem, because it's not like Obama will be dropping a record anytime soon, but it's the copying. So lame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gov Christie is a sham

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Tub of Lard (New Jersey governor Christie) uttered the non-apology "If anyone was offended I'm sorry..." line. Oh Chris, you stepped in it this time. Talk about a Numb Nuts.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......