Saturday, February 18, 2012

I Didn't Say It........A Day Later

Chuck Woolery, hasbeen game show host--and doesn't that say it all--on the idea that we don't need civil rights:
"Majority rules. We were born with natural rights. We don't need civil rights. [African-Americans] don't need civil rights. They don't need them. They have inalienable rights granted by God in the Constitution. I mean, I'm discriminated against all the time. I don't care. It doesn't bother me. [I'm discriminated against] because I'm old. I'm too old to get a job as a game show host. They say, well, the guy's 71 and in five years he'll be 76. And I’m a one per center, and I'm absolutely discriminated against as a one per center."

Um, Chuck, you dipwad. The Constitution didn't protect African-Americans. They were thought of, literally, as less than a man.
Gay folks, likewise, are thought of as less than.
And you're not discriminated against in the "game show host" profession because you're old, it's because you're a right-winging, goosestepping douchenozzle.
I think.

Andrew Sullivan, on contraception and the Catholic church:
"I'm sorry but I find the protectors of child rapists preaching to women about contraception to be a moral obscenity. When all the implicated bishops and the Pope resign, their replacements will have standing to preach."

Seriously, he's right.
When rapists and their allies sit in judgement of anyone, and use their bullying pulpits to preach, it's a sad commentary on our times.
Arrest them all, and start from scratch, Then maybe we'd have a Catholic Church we can trust with children.

Daniel Radcliffe, on if he's ever considered that he might be gay:
"No. I can quite happily say someone is handsome, good-looking, and I can see why someone would want to f**k them, but I've never felt that way about a man myself. There is that moment in your late teens when you ask yourself the question, 'Am I?' but I wasn't...Well, this year I have a talent crush on Ryan Gosling. I think he's fantastic and....you know he'd be nice afterwards. He seems smart. If I was gay, I would go for a smart man."

I'm so with you, DanRad.
On Gosling and going for smart men.

Bryan Fischer, American Family Association spokesbigot, on JCPenney and Ellen turning women into lesbians:
"Will America’s young women be just a bit more likely to experiment with lesbianism now that JCPenney is mainstreaming it? Too any objective observer, the answer must be yes. Is this a good thing? To any objective observer, the answer must be no. Research has indicated that lesbians suffer from increased levels of depression, suicidal ideation, substance abuse, breast cancer and vaginal diseases compared to heterosexual women. Thus what JCPenney has done, by increasing, even if ever so slightly, the chances that young women will experiment with this behavior will turn out to be a tragic thing for some. JCPenney will have to share some culpability for that."

How can anyone listen to what people like Fischer say and not burst out laughing.
He seriously people women will become lesbian because Ellen is shilling for JC Penney.
And, when all these women suddenly turn gay for the JCP, they will end up depressed and suicidal.
Seriously? What a delusional fuck.

Randy Thomasson, Save California head bigot, endorsing Newt "Chucky" Gingrich's promise to arrest federal judges that don't rule to his liking:
"Judicial activists like Stephen Reinhardt and Michael Daly Hawkins need to be reined in like Newt Gingrich has been saying about judicial activists. Marriage is not in the United States Constitution, so this case should never have gone to federal court. Now it will be appealed to the nation's high court, with Anthony Kennedy being the deciding vote. Fortunately, in past rulings favoring homosexuality, Kennedy has written against redefining marriage, making it likely that he will affirm California's right to reserve marriage licenses for a man and a woman."

What's funny, or scary, is that people like homophobe, bigot, asshat, fuckmonkey wingnuts like Thomasson, think that any judge who disagrees with them is an activist, legislating from the bench.
And they want to install their own brand of activist judges.
Pot.Kettle.STFU.

Ken Hutcherson, "pastor", on how God will kill The Gays and America because of The Gays:
"Do I think God brings judgment on a society that encourages homosexuality? I do. And since I am a pastor and God has commanded me to love everyone, I will do what it takes to love them. That does not mean I will accept that they stay the way they are. Unrepentant sin destroys you and will kill you. So if I believe the word of God, that He will bring judgment on a people, then I would be a very bad shepherd not to warn those people."

Um, "pastor"--and I use the term pastor loosely--if God was going to strike down civilization because of The Gays she would have done so at so many other times throughout history.
And, why just America? Does "your"god only hate America and not any other place on the globe that has realized equality is the way to go.
You need to sit down pastor, your ignorance is showing.

Mitt Romney, pandering, mindless, flip-flopping fuck, promising to defend DOMA and amend the Constitution to ban same-sex marriage:
"I fought to have a stay on that decision, then pushed for a marriage amendment to our Constitution. We lost by only one vote in the legislature. And I successfully prohibited out- of-state couples from coming to our state to get married and then going home. On my watch, we fought hard and prevented Massachusetts from becoming the Las Vegas of gay marriage."

Oh, Mittsy. What was it. the losses to Frothy that have sent you scurrying to the dark side?
I mean, all through your campaign you've quietly talked about your belief in traditional marriage, but when it looks like Rick Santorum is besting you, you sudden;y flop over to the Evangelical crazy side of the GOP.
Anything to get the nomination, eh, Mittsy?
Pandering fuck.

Cal Thomas, conservative columnist and FOX pundit, on Rachel Maddow debunking the right-wing argument on contraception: 
"I’m glad that you played the Rachel Maddow clip because I think she is the best argument in favor of her parents using contraception. I would be all for that. And all of the rest of the crowd at MSNBC, too, for that matter."

How clever. Cal.
How FauxNews like, Cal.
Ignore the topic and make a personal, stupid attack on your opposition.

Chris Christie, on the NJ legislature vote on marriage equality:
"They’re gonna be nowhere near the votes to override in either chamber. And so hopefully we can move on from this issue. If they pass it on Thursday and send it to my desk, believe me I will take very swift action on the bill and then we can move on to the things the people of New Jersey say are most important to them, which is creating jobs, lowering taxes and continuing the New Jersey comeback and not the last month that we spent, which really is an act of theater on their part because they know it’s not going to happen."

You're fa.....sorry Froggy.....full of yourself.
And stupid.
And think far too much of yourself, and far too little of the NJ legislature and the people of New Jersey.
Have a donut seat and shut up, Chris.

Armistead Maupin, on the GOP candidates for president and their homophobia:
"I’m outraged that there are currently major candidates for President of the United States who are using homophobia to rally their base. I’m pissed off at my Republican family back in North Carolina, several of whom came to my wedding, but who went right back and are voting for homophobes and acting like it doesn’t matter. It does matter and it’s time for the queers in this country to start saying so to their families. I think we’ve all cut them too much slack for far too long."

Just say 'No' to all of them.
The politicians, the friends, the family members, who would see to deny the LGBT community equality.
It's time to stand up and Just say, 'Enough.'

2 comments:

  1. Okay, just reloaded a couple of times...to get the comment do-whacky to show up. Don't tell GB I call it that.

    Ken Hutcherson - who let him out of the state?!! He wants to be one of the pivotal people to mess up our new marriage equality. Look out, Ken, I've already got a line item in the family budget going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:56 PM

    Regarding Romney, and all those right-wing loons, if they're all wanting to "amend the constitution to ban same-sex marriage" (or just marriage equality as i like to call it), isn't that admitting that marriage equality is already in the constitution?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......