Monday, February 13, 2012

A Grammy Stream Of Consciousness

In no particular order:

  • LL Cool J is one hot man, but, seriously, the licking of the lips every two seconds was disturbing.
  • Chris Brown should learn to wear underwear when he dances, unless it's all about Little Chris.
  • Rihanna is a good little lip-syncher, who needs to learn to keep the mic near her mouth so it looks like she's actually singing live.
  • Coldplay? Honey? No. Chris Martin is as appealing as a wet dishrag.
  • And, then, since we're speaking of wet dishrags, and Coldplay, and Chris Martin...Gwyneth Paltrow acts like she's God's to gift to whatever, but that less than flattering smattering of applause for her grand entrance was perfect.
  • Taylor Swift is an annoying, cloying troll doll. I was pleased as all get out that she didn't win best country Album so we wouldn't have to endure more of her trademarked mock surprise. Plus, the song she performed....Why Ya Gotta Be So Mean or somesuch---was just stupid. As was her whole dressing like a country bumpkin performance. Go back to high school.
  • Katy Perry. Just because you wear a blue wig and spandex doesn't make you a star. I do not get the appeal. Her look on the red carpet was sheer Joan Crawford circa 1969. Creepy, especially with the blue 'do.
  • Was I the only one who thought it odd that they introduced Glen Campbell by saying he would make one last tour before the Alzheimer's kicks in?
  • And then, how can you give Diana 'freaking' Ross a Lifetime Grammy and not give her a salute. Diana paved the way for the likes of Whitney and JHud and she's relegated to a mention at the end of a clip show? Not cool, Grammy. Perhaps if Diana had Alzheimer's she'd be allowed to sing?
  • Paul McCartney was good, though the voice seemed to be going. 
  • Ditto Springsteen, known for his anthem rock, who sounded almost quiet as he opened the show. Where was that roaring grumble?
  • JHud was gorgeous and sounded gorgeous singing I Will Always Love You. Simple. Beautiful.
  • Nicki Minaj. No words. I mean, well, I guess I do have words: WTF was that? The only thing I liked about it was that the Catholic Church will have their sequined robes in a twist over it.
  • Bruno Mars is a cute little guy, isn't he? But he looks like he's getting a bit pudgy.
  • I am not a fan of the Beach Boys, but would have rather heard them play alone than with the Pseudo BBs.
  • Adele. What to say? She looked fab, she sang fab, and she went six for six in the awards. Abso-effing-lutely wonderful. And, note to Katy and Rihanna: the histrionics and the fireworks are nice, but only is you can't sing.



That's all. What dd you think of the big show?

5 comments:

  1. We watched about only half of it(hoping to see the Whitney tribute) but it was getting too late for us to stay up so we missed it! :(

    My thoughts on what we saw:

    1) What was up with Miss Ross' hair?

    2) Chris Brown? Q-Bert did it better! ;)

    3) Rhianna? Ack!

    4) Adele? FAAAAABULOUS!!!

    5) The Beach Boys? It looked like Brian Wilson wanted to go back into "his room". "Geriatric" was the first word out of my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LL Cool J has been doing that for years (decades?) and he probably isn't even aware he's doing it. I hope no one makes him aware of it. I would so love to kiss him.

    And as long as I'm in the kissing mood, send Bruno Mars my way please!

    Adele's looks sure have changed over the last 3 years. It's hard to believe she's the same woman. I hope her family keeps her ego in check.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand why they don't at least have the Lifetime Achievement recipients come on stage. They should let them make a speech. That's a big deal but they gloss over it like it's a footnote. They used to but haven't for the last several years. Weird.

    I kept having more thoughts about this, so instead of blogjacking yours, I'll write my own post.

    Good meanderings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And honey, add to the list, I do believe Lady Gaga looked like she may shit nails for not taking home a damn thing for the first time!!!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......