Monday, February 20, 2012

Outstanding Guest Comment Of The Week: A Top Ten List

This week I'm gonna try something new and see how it plays out. Since it's quite difficult to pick the absolute best comment each and every week, I gonna go all Top Ten on your asses.
It works well, especially after this past week, when I saw so many comments worthy of the coveted....coveted?....ISBL Outstanding Guest Comment of the Week award, that I couldn't pick just one. So here, in no particular order, are the Top Ten Outstanding Guest Comments of the Week, and each one gets the ISBLOGCOTW!
But first, let me say a big thanks to all who stopped by to comment on Mom. She was a remarkable woman, indeed.
That said, let's rip......
#1 I am an Awards Show Queen. I love 'em, especially when someone I want to win, wins. That's why I offer A Grammy Stream Of Consciousness:
mistress maddie said...
And honey, add to the list, I do believe Lady Gaga looked like she may shit nails for not taking home a damn thing for the first time!!!
#2 Sometimes there are really awful stories that just kind of slip through the cracks, and this one, Iowa Erases Mother from Stillborn Baby’s Death Certificate, is one of those:
www.DiatribesAndOvations.com said...
This is awful. Thanks for sharing this story. I hadn't heard anything about it. This is the sort of thing that those on the fence when it comes to marriage equality really need to hear.
#3 As someone who always has a song playing in my head and so, Just For Giggles, I like to share that with others:
Mitch Block said...
This made me laugh! And I like to be made to laugh. Thanks! (And now I've got the "Toto" song in my head... but weren't the lyrics really "I BLESS the rains down in Africa..."?... although I think most everyone thinks the word is "miss")
Anyway, gonna take some time to do the things we never have...
#4 Isn't it funny how people these days offer the non-apology apology? And then others offer a real apology only to take it back, as in Cardinal Withdraws His Apology For The Catholic Sex-Abuse Scandal:
Cubby said...
It doesn't matter. He had his fingers crossed when he gave the apology in the first place.
#5 I'm not saying I was a man-whore for money back in the day, I'm saying Just For Giggles: The Ghost Of Valentine's Past:
Tiger Chanter said...
Was this from the Brach's "Newt Gingrich Assortment"? ;)
#6 Since marriage is legal in Washington--no matter what the haters try--I've opted to house search in the PNW, and stumbled upon Architecture Wednesday: Cliff House:
mrs.missalaineus said...
i wash windows for in exchange for room/ board- mr. m can hold my ladder for me!
xxalainaxx
#7 As a big Broadway showqueen diva, I was kind of looking forward to seeing what the designtestants created; but then, PR: All-Stars: God! What A Spell Of Bad Taste:
Sean said...
Austin's model looked so poised off. I kept hoping that she'd fall on that scowl.
#8 It was rescheduled, but I Didn't Say It....A Day Later, still saw people talking:
KDNA said...
Regarding Romney, and all those right-wing loons, if they're all wanting to "amend the constitution to ban same-sex marriage" (or just marriage equality as i like to call it), isn't that admitting that marriage equality is already in the constitution?
#9 Lots of wack-a-doo celebs--and celeb wannabes--out and about his past week, though I Ain't One To Gossip, But.....:
mistress maddie said...
I swear, if Beyonce comes out with condoms next I'm done!!! I love her, but I'll refuse to wear them! And who is this Britney creature?
#10 Sunday Funnies? Yes, they show up on Sunday, but sometimes they aren't as funny as they are prophetic:
Miss Ginger Grant said...
I LOVE the one with the cruisy cardinal! I cannot tell you how many men I fucked in the 80's in south Louisiana who has "done time" in the seminary before they figured out they were supposed to be in the semenary!
So....those are the ISBLOGCOTW winners.
Which one was your favorite?

4 comments:

  1. #6 - as you can't wash windows in the PNW as it is always raining! bwa-ha-ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can always wash the inside :D

    i just got miss g's comment....OMG LOVE IT

    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bob, it is so perfect! But My imagine of Miss Ginger has, alas, been shattered to learn she had her petticoats up and been fucking men in the 80's!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:52 PM

    I love this format. Miss Ginger really cracked me up with #10!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......