Thursday, September 10, 2009

Oh Joe, Of You We're So Proud


It's kind of ironic that in my way of being snarky and sarcastic I poked a little fun at the narrow-minded people of South Carolina yesterday. I'll go on record, before I begin, to say that, although this can be a Backwoods-Bible-Thumping-Redneck state, there are a lot of nice people, gay and straight, who've welcomed us with open arms since Carlos and I moved here.

Okay. Done with that. Now.

What in the hell is wrong with Joe Wilson, a representative from the state of, gulp, South Carolina?

He's the asshat you may have heard, but have never heard of, until last night. He was the asshat who shouted out "You lie" to Obama while he was speaking about health care. Obama was saying that, under his plan, illegal immigrants would not be covered.

"You lie."

Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden shot daggers in the direction of the voice. Even Obama looked at Wilson, though he simply moved on. And Joe Wilson immediately apologized.

Oh wait. No, he didn't. He only apologized after many senators, including John McCain, called on him to apologize.

Joe Wilson: "My comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the president for this lack of civility."
This is the same Joe Wilson who told a South Carolina town hall meeting just last month that the key to fixing health care is a bipartisan plan: "I give a speech every day on the floor (of Congress) about how Democrats and Republicans should be working together to reform health care."

You lie.

4 comments:

  1. You do seem to be blessed with interesting politicians in South Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, as soon as I found out where the guy was from, I told Ken, "Poor Bob." I think they're conspiring against you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh Bob, sorry to hear that he is also from South Carolina. Well maybe that was just a blessing, because as radical as I am, and believe me I a have been arrested for Civil disobedience I would not have there to do that, not if I were a representative myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post, Bobabrazilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......