Friday, September 18, 2009

Hot, Smart, Compassionate....Did I Mention Hot? Part Deux


Charlize Theron

On the Gay Rights Movement:

It's going to be a relentless movement, and I hope it's a relentless movement, because I think that's the only way it's going to happen. Being relentless is a sense of showing the rest of the world a new face of family, what family is. It's Blomkamp's film ['District 9']; it's segregation, that's what it is. If Christians were being attacked the same way, or heterosexual couples were being attacked the same way, I would be fighting for them. I worry when we start to take away the quality of certain people's lives based on religion and based on very personal beliefs. These are not universal beliefs, and when human life suffers from that, that worries me. Because that can very easily get flipped on any of us.

On Not Getting Married Until The LGBT Community Has The Same Rights:

I think if we [she and boyfriend, Stuart Townsend] ever have children, I would want my children to look at that as an example of choice and how important that is to live your life and not just talk, because talk is cheap. But to live your life in a way that really speaks volumes to what you believe in. I've already once lived in a country where certain people got certain things and certain people didn't, and I refuse to live in another country that does that. I will not take part in a ceremony that right now is not available to everybody.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:07 AM

    I didn't realize she was so outspoken in favor of GLBT rights. This is great to read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......