Friday, May 08, 2009

This Is So Sad


"Fawcett now spends her days at home, often asleep. 'She stays in bed,' says Ryan O'Neal. 'It's a nice bed.' She receives visits from a few close friends – including fellow Charlie's Angels stars Jaclyn Smith and Kate Jackson and, when able, likes to watch TV, especially Dominick Dunne's cable program Power, Privilege and Justice.
Another visitor has been Fawcett and O'Neal's son Redmond, who, behind bars for a drug-related probation violation, on April 25 was allowed three hours at home with his mother to say what might be his final goodbye. In his jail-issued jumpsuit and in shackles, Redmond is seen in the NBC documentary climbing into his sleeping mother's bed and crying. 'Oh my gosh, my gosh,' he says as he hugs the frail figure next to him. 'Oh, my gosh.' ...
A particularly cruel aspect of the disease is that Fawcett has now lost her iconic golden tresses. 'The hair is gone,' says O'Neal. 'Her famous hair. I have it at home. She didn't care. I rub her head. It's kind of fun, actually, this great, tiny little head. How she carried all that hair I'll never know. She doesn't have a vanity about it.'"

6 comments:

  1. Aw, her "tiny little head." That really is incredibly sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That poor poor woman, and her poor family. I feel for anyone that has to go through that kind off thing. I wonder if I were dying, if they would let me son visit me from prison (well, he's actually in a correctional facility). I'm so glad he got to see his momma.

    Just so very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that poster like gazillions of other boys (and a few girls I'm sure). She was so sweet back then! And charming! I'd go see anything she was in. Remember Sunburn? Well, it was a movie. Trust me. It exists. I'm sad she's on the way out because it really is just a reminder that time keeps passing...:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son had that poster, and I always watched Charlie's Angels. Yes, it's really sad and a reminder that cancer wins sometimes. She put up a good fight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My uncle had that poster and his wife took a Sharpie and blacked out a few of Farrah's teeth. It was funny.

    But this is very sad. I wish her peace and rest.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......