Friday, May 08, 2009

AssHat Of The Week


My view I've laid out before, which is you really can't have different marriage provisions in different states and then expect people to be able to move around the nation and have different rights in different states. Marriage is a matter of national consequence. It's a -- it's a status. It's not an activity. And as a result, there should be a national standard. And my own view is that marriage is a relationship between a man and a woman.

--Mitt Romney, who apparently doesn't want to be president after all because he's stuck in the past.

3 comments:

  1. You know, that's interesting. This *national standard*. In 30 years of marriage we've never, ever, once had to produce any proof that we are married. We've lived in two different states, worked for two different companies, added three children, didn't have to prove who their parents were and never had to produce a document. I have no idea where our marriage license is if the marriage police ever showed up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like him. I'll refrain from using profanity on such a classy blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agreed with everything he said except for the last sentence.

    Marriage IS a status (a legal status), not an activity, and should be standardized in all the United States.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......