Saturday, May 23, 2009

No Queen Like A Bitter Queen

Clay Aiken or kd aiken?
Clay Aiken, or Clay Gayken, or Gay Aiken, whatever he calls himself these days, has a rant about American Idol. He used to be white hot; now he's not. He used to have Number 1 records, now he's a guest judge on America's Next Top Model. He used to keep quiet, now he doesn't shut up.

Here are some tidbits--and that's me, in red:

Now that it's all over, and for the record.... I couldn't be happier about the way AI ended this year. I only turn the show on once a season, and only to see what the set looks like each year. This year, I happened to turn it during the minute that Adam Lambert was singing "Ring of Fire" and, at that moment, thought my ears would bleed. Contrived, awful, and slightly frightening!

How about innovative and new, and most decidedly not you? How about watch more than once before you climb onto your throne and issue a decree no one but you cares about?

I wasn't really a fan and found myself surprised whenever folks told me that they liked him. Granted, I never saw another performance (and many folks who I trust said that he was great) but I can't imagine I would have enjoyed it.

Yes, Clay, base it on one performance. If we all did it that way, right now we'd be saying, "Clay who?"
Oh wait, we are.

......
However, this year, there was an obvious bias. Not even having watched the show, I can tell you that I was WELL aware of the bias from the judges as to who should win. In my opinion, that is awfully unattractive. I don't think I am alone In my opinion, it all often comes down to that last night of voting.

He doesn't watch but he knows what was happening. How queervoyant of you, Gayken.

Until the finale, folks are voting for the contestant that they want to see continue. But, I believe that on that last night, the dynamic changes. No longer forced to choose one person that they want to see win, the audience can effectively vote AGAINST the person that they don't want to see win. In the case of season two this might have happened. There may have been some folks who voted for myself or Ruben because they didn't like the other of us. I was the nerdy little girly boy .... so they may have voted for Ruben .... I feel that Ruben and I were fairly matched. We both had our detractors and negatives, but I feel we were both very worthy of being on that stage in that moment, and either of us would have been worthy of winning.

But you didn't win, Clay. You. Didn't. Win. Build a bridge and get over it. The Claymates have left the building.

The show was different then, and folks made it in seasons 1-3 because they were "real" people who happened to sing/entertain well. But, somewhere along the way, AI stopped being about real people.

Real people like closeted homos? That kinda "real"?

In a battle between David and Goliath, my money is on David!

Wow! I always took you for a size queen. My bad.

I think many voters got sick of being "told who to vote for" .... Therefore, on that last night, they used their votes against a contestant that they were tired of hearing about and for the contestant who had been written off. And, at the same time, I think they voted AGAINST an American Idol that has, for four years now, been more about the slick productions and polished contestants than it has been about finding the raw talent that it did in its first three seasons.

So, Clay, honey, if you're 'real' talent than there is no such thing as talent. You're a bitter, washed up queen who is reduced to guest spots on failing reality shows, or peddling your baby for publicity. How real.

Will American Idol choose to listen to the resounding and clarion call that those voters gave them?.... "Enough with the pretention. More Rubens, more Clays, more Fantasias and Tamyras and Kellys please." My faith has always been in the voters. I think they have gotten it right every year (mine included). It's now up to American Idol to decide if it will finally REALLY listen to the folks that keep it on the air.

More Clays? More self-loathing homosexuals who live their lives in fear of being outed until their career tanks and then they use their sexual orientation and the sudden arrival of Turkey Baster Baby Clay to revive a flagging career?
No thanks.
Be gone, Clay, before someone drops a house on you.

In case you couldn't tell, I don't like Clay. Not on AI. Not after AI. Not Leave-Me-Alone-Clay; not Yep-I'm-Gay-Clay.

8 comments:

  1. That sums it up ratherly nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you weren't so shy about telling us how you really feel. Do you like Clay or not? I'm having trouble reading between the lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty strong Bob.He'd better watch his step.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:40 AM

    "Wow! I always took you for a size queen."I thought the same exact thing! LOl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think its sad that he id like this. bitter doesnt even begin to cover it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ya...jealous much? he just wishes HE could've been more like Adam...Adam is who he is, and he's proud of it. Clay had to hide....and seems like he's still hiding.

    so sad to be so bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how is it that Aiken wanted to work on a duet with Adam Lambert all the while bashing his singing style?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......