Tuesday, May 12, 2009

F**ksNews, As I Like To Call 'Em



So, I was watching F**ksNews last night...I know! How I ended up there I will never know. But Sean Hannity, asshat that he is, was railing against Wanda Sykes for exercising her right to Free Speech. He thought she should have been blasted over what she said about poor drug-addicted blowhard Rush Limbaugh.

How dare she! That's Rush. He's the King of the GOP!

But then he goes after the President, whom he call The Anointed One, and how Obama was laughing uproariously at what Sykes was saying. Cut to the video and you can see that Obama isn't laughing, he is grinning and chuckling. And there is a difference.

Back to Wanda, and as soon as she sees Obama's reaction, she says, Too much? Then she smiles a little at the President and says I know you're laughing on the inside.

Which begs the question: if Wanda Sykes is looking at the President and sees that he isn't laughing at her jokes, then why does Sean Hannity think Obama was laughing?

Oh yeah, right-wing-nut media asshat.

Case closed.

5 comments:

  1. Amen. You knew they were going to be outraged - as soon as Wanda threw out a few of those lines, I was like "ooh boy - here we go" - even though I was laughing hysterically and in total agreement with her.

    Sean and Rush and all the rest will bitch and sputter - and no doubt that ass-flap Malkin will chime in.

    But you know what? We've been outraged over much worse offenses - atrocities, even - over the past eight years. So put on your big girl conservative panties and get over it, ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he was thinking, and laughing, about what poor Gibbs would be facing in the press room the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't find anything Wanda said inappropriate. I was kind of surprised she didn't mention anything about gay issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As someone on CNN pointed out (I think it was Hilary Rosen), the GOP and Limbocontin himself are always the first to back away from his latest flame war comment and use the excuse, "Hey, he's not a politician, he's an entertainer!" In the tradition of comedians like Don Rickles and Joan Rivers, she threw a couple of comedic insults his way. As Rosen put it, if he's an entertainer as he keeps claiming to be, he's fair game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, no problems here with what she said except that I agree with Whoopi that she should have stuck with one of the things she said about Headrush because for a joke that had too many components.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......