Saturday, May 02, 2009

One Of Those Days


You ever have one of those days?

I have....almost every day this week. I wrote about Karma earlier this week, and now I'm wondering if Karma didn't want to be on the blog so she's come after me.

Monday was okay, you know, kind of a lazy day, not much going on. But I set out to do several things and, let's see, I accomplished.......nothing. Good Monday. Good.

Tuesday was off because I was told I was needed at work. I showered and shaved and prettified myself, and then drove down to find out that I wasn't needed after all. Excuse me, but I wore my new blue shirt which makes my eyes just sparkle, and, You. Don't. Need. Me? Tuesday was also the day of The Hurt. So it was a double whammy.

Moving on from The Hurt.

Wednesday was good. Carlos and I both had the day off, so it was all fun.

Thursday was more of a Blursday because, for the life of me I can't remember much about it except that a Wackjob at work decided he wanted to save me. Save. Me. Save me from the Wackjobs who want to save me, I say.

I was telling a co-worker about The Hurt, and Wackjob came up and said, in that drink-the-koolaid voice, Sounds like you have a problem, Bob.

No, I said, No Problem.
Jesus could help you solve the problem.
I don't HAVE a problem.
But if you did--
I don't.
But if you di--
I don't.
But if you d--
I don't. Well, maybe I do.

Wackjob grinned so widely that his razor sharp incisors could be seen, and drool slithered down his neck like a slow rain. What's the problem, Bob?

Well, there's this wackjob at work that won't leave me alone......

Friday went pretty well. Beautiful day in Smallville. No crises. No drama. Just sweet perfect Friday. I left work early and walked out back to my car. I stepped up on the curb to walk around the front of my car. I stepped off the curb, and into a pothole and down to the ground.

I have a throbbing swollen ankle and a mood to match.

So, I may not be posting much today. Between raising my foot above my head--what am I? A Rockette?--and soaking it in an ice bath, I may not get close to the computer.

Siiiiigh.

11 comments:

  1. First of all- if Whackjob was that pushy with me, he would be dead.
    But, outside of the death penalty, he DID create a hostile work environment for you. He brought up a subject that made you uncomfortable, and when you told him you didn't want to talk about it, he pushed on.
    He has no more right to push his religious beliefs on you than we have to push our sexual orientation on him!
    What if the conversation went like this:
    Bob: "Whackjob, you just need a dick up your ass!:
    WJ: "No, I don't".
    Bob: "Yes, you do"..... etc...
    He would be in HR so fast it would make your head swim.
    Next time he tries to push his religious beliefs on you, I suggest you do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping you and Carlos have a much better weekend. It must have been a lunar phase or something - I had a similarly frustrating and crappy week - including a twisted ankle requiring a brace (my mistake was gardening in flip flops, tho).

    BTW - had to laugh - the word verification for this is "seductin" - considering it's early morning, I've got total bedhead, 5 o'clock shadow from Thursday, and I'm surrounded by puppy detritus.

    Seductin - not so much...

    Best wishes for happier days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! I hope your ankle feels better soon, and you can get back to your usual happy self. :) {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to be like Miss Ginger in my next life.

    What a week! Sounds like some I've had. Hope things get progressively better for you. On the upside, if you don't post much today, I won't get far behind again, and it's all about me, you know. :-)

    Let Carlos take care of you. After all, look at the sacrifices he's making just being with someone not good enough for him. LOL As I typed that, I just heard on "Says You" (NPR) that "out-kicking your coverage" is a sports term for dating someone better than you. Karma doesn't know when to leave well enough alone!

    We smartasses can't, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard to let go of these things. When it happens to me, I agonize over them, even considering the sources, and how unworthy their comments are of my attention. I hate to admit it, but probably the only thing that ever hurts me in these incidents is my own ego. is it possible to be gay and thick skinned as well or are they anaethema?
    Warmest xoxoxoxo's

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ... you really had one doozy of a week. Try to relax this weekend and let the stank of your bad week dissipate.

    Wait, are you able relax while doing Rockette high-kicks???...

    Feel better.

    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. ... and remember: the Sweet Baby Jeebus loves you...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you did have a bad week. That whackjob sounds very much like a pain in the ass. I would loved to have seen his face when you gave him your comeback! Hope your feeling better there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feel better soon Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about that ankle. That totally sucks.

    And your story on the Whackjob? I'm sorry, but that was REALLY funny!!!!! Hope this coming week is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I think we all have 'those' kinds of days/weeks now and then. Sorry its got you down.

    I can think of another, more fun way for you to keep your swollen ankle above your head. Oh Carlos...

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......