Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Rock-n-Roll-n-Rock-n-Snore



Well, the ankle is doing quite nicely now. Thanks to all who voiced their concerns; all those who suggested a trip to the ER and such. But, see, I have this thing. I fall down. I don't know why, I guess I don't pay attention to where I'm stepping and BOOM down I go. I actually fell all the way to the ground one day in Miami while walking the dog because I stepped on a pebble the size of a pea. Literally. To the ground in oncoming traffic.

I fall down go boom but I all better now.

Except for, as I like to say to Carlos, that tiny piece of bone sticking out of my ankle. Was that always there?

I joke.

Speaking of jokes--nice segue Bob--we watched a little American Idol last night. It was Rock-n-Roll night, so that can go one of two ways. Total cheese fest or amazing performances. Well, last night it went both.

Adam and Allison were amazing because they get rock-n-roll. It's not just the song, it's the outfit and the attitude and the stage presence and the personality. They take over the stage and make it their stage, their show, their song.

Kris and Danny looked like animatronic Disneyland bears at a Jamboree. Seriously, I was waiting for announcer to tell the audience to refrain from flash photography during the performances.

Kris was karaoke-lite. There was no roughness, no edge. It was all smooth and stupid.

And Danny? Well, Danny was just plain embarrassing. He gave it a shot, but you don't sing rock-n-roll in a button-down shirt and vest. Seriously. Does he not understand? And that shriek at the end? Pa-followed-quickly-by-thetic.

Then they did duets.

Huh? What? Huh?

Duets.

Kris and Danny did The Osmonds doing rock....or the Partridge Family doing rock. I've seen better rock performances from Josie and the Pussycats.

Allison and Adam, though, tore it up. It was like a concert. Edge. Roughness. Ferocity.

Still, I get the vibe that Allison may go tonight, which is too bad because she is a great performer.
Boot Kris, I say. He can gets lots of work on cruise ships.
Or boot Danny. He can go back to choir practice.
Adam, of course, should be fine.

Unless the AI producers futz with the numbers to make a dramatic moment. Again.

3 comments:

  1. I agree...Adam tore it up. When they said he was doing "Whole Lotta Love," I thought, "Uh oh." But WOW!

    And when Danny hit that last high note, I think my reaction was shock and horror. That was pure-D awful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - send Kris home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lambert is past imagination with ability, range, capability, entertainment savvy.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......