Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Foot In Mouth Disease

Arkansas state Senator Kim Hendren, the only announced Republican candidate for U.S. Senator against Democratic incumbent Blanche Lincoln in 2010, has apologized for referring to Senator Chuck Schumer as "that Jew," at a county Republican meeting last week.

Yes. He didn't call him Chuck. And he didn't call him Schumer. And he didn't even use a John McCain "That one." Nope, he said, "that Jew."

"I don't use a teleprompter and occasionally I put my foot in my month," Hendren explained.

I don't use one either Senator, and I have never spoken like that.

Then Hendren goes on: "At the meeting I was attempting to explain that unlike Senator Schumer, I believe in traditional values, like we used to see on 'The Andy Griffith Show.....'"

He apparently believes we need to live in a fictional B&W town of the early 60s.

".....I made the mistake of referring to Senator Schumer as 'that Jew' and I should not have put it that way as this took away from what I was trying to say."

Yeah, anti-Semitism has a way of taking away from your original intent, that of living in an all-white rural town from an old TV show.

Arkansas, really? You could be so much better than that.

5 comments:

  1. Aunt Bea would have slapped you upside the head and sent you to bed without supper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think Arkansas IS better than this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are idiots everywhere .... unfortunately. What an asshat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope they are better than this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inexcusable. Teleprompter or not.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......