Friday, December 04, 2009

"What I care about is that my life isn't any better today."

from Towleroad:
New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn broke down while delivering an emotional explanation of what she believed happened at the marriage vote on Wednesday:
"At the end of the day, people did the wrong thing. There may in fact be a lot of...political outside factors that made this vote very difficult for people. But I don't care. My father is 83-years-old. Kim's father is 83-years-old. Our mothers died when we were girls, coincidentally...so how a roomful of people who've never met me...don't think it's fair to raise the likelihood that her father and my father can see us dance at our wedding...Well, I don't really care about a coup. I don't care that people ganged up on Dede Scozzafava who's a courageous woman. What I care about is that my life isn't any better today."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say anything, but keep it civil .......