Monday, December 21, 2009

A Miracle In Smallville

On Saturday, Carlos and I were dragged kicking and screaming deeper and deeper into the 21st century. We had the good folks at AT&T bundle--sounds like a Christmas gift, huh?--our cell phones, house phones, internet service and cable TV in one feel swoop.

It'll actually cost us less each month ::::Bonus:::: and, to top it off, we get this thing they call a DVR or some-such. It hooks up to the TV and records the programs digitally; now, I won't miss one second of Lost, and I can backtrack to see if that really is a smoke monster. No more choosing between modern Family and Glee--although it isn't really a choice....I'm a Gleek. But, and this is where the witchcraft comes in, you can pause your regular TV if you, say, get a phone call, or want something from the kitchen, or need a bathroom break, and then you can start it up again. RIGHT.WHERE.YOU.LEFT.OFF!!!

It's a Christmas Miracle.

Then, while glancing through our new channels--and we got just the basic package--there are like 500 channels, and, well, Bruce is right.....nothing's on. But then I stopped at one channel and discovered there is a whole channel devoted to the, ahem, Gays. That's right. FagTV. Or the QueerNet....No, Logo. Yeah, Logo, which I never knew was a gay word!

We are catching up with the rest of the world. Smallville rules!

8 comments:

  1. I loves the pause. And rewind. I have the TV switch itself to MSNBC at 3am and then run it backwards when we get up at 5am so The Engineer can fast forward thru commercials and get all the news before he takes off at 5:30am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! I LOVE the DVR!! It makes me want to pause, rewind, and record things on the radio and life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Our inlaws have had the AT&T U-verse thingy for about a year and love it. And we love it when we go to visit. It's not available in our neighborhood in Dayton yet, but the second it is, we're going to sign up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a Christmas Miracle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack!! Yet another person I know who will now be singing the praises of the DVR. I've been putting off getting one since our cable company charges like $12. a month extra for it. There's rarely anything I really want to watch in the 1st place, so why do I need to record a bunch of crap? I'm afraid that argument won't last too much longer. Enjoy, and let us know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. You will probably like Logo. My only complaint with it is that they re-run everything 100 times (further reducing the need for a DVR). But set your DVR to record all episodes of The Big Gay Sketch Show, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you from the future??? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bob, I'm happy for your modern miracle. Enjoy Logo.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......