Wednesday, January 27, 2016

If The DeNiro Pad Is Too Pricey ... Architecture Wednesday: Retrospect Vineyards Residence ... My Other Birthday Wish

So, yeah, it’s my birthday and I wanted to spend it in wine country, among the grapes, and drinking, well, wine.

And this house, located in the hills around Sonoma, on twenty acres and surrounded by pinot noir grapes is the best I can do.

It’s total California living, inside and outside; the house is an elongated ‘T’ shape, creating a private entry courtyard on the north side, while the south side is almost exclusively glass, with large sliding glass walls that bring the outdoors inside. A deep floating roof spans the main house and the glass guest house, allowing for a sun=protected outdoor kitchen and dining area.

Wine, pool, views, birthday cake. Make a wish. 

5 comments:

  1. I love me some of this place. Of course when I visit Kailyne, I love me ALOT of wine country. This is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh please, just another dump in the country.

    happy birthday darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love simple, little homes in the country.
    Have a Happy B Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I like the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......