Friday, January 15, 2016

I Didn't Say It ...

Cheyenne Jackson, on his nude sex scenes with Lady Gaga in American Horror Story: Hotel:

“It was the first time I’d ever done that. I had to look to Matt Bomer, who’s done a lot of nudity — who’s nude a lot [in AHS], as he should be. But you know, Matt is just so very pragmatic about it. He’s like, 'Well, here’s my costume,' and holds up his little string that we put on to cover our junk. But it’s part of the deal. It’s how it goes. I had to sign my first nudity rider — at 40. I was like, ‘Man.’ But you know, that’s what you do. It’s kind of a crazy part of my job, but it’s been really fun. And ... for a gay dude, I’m getting a lot of p*ssy. It was hard. It was scary, well, it wasn’t hard, but you know.”

Oh the things gay men have to do for their ‘art.’ I’m just thankful Cheyenne signed that nudity rider because, yeah, he was fantastic.
Rand Paul, going birther on Ted Cruz:

"You know, I’m not an expert on the natural-born clause in the Constitution and people have various opinions. Some people believe it means you need to be born here, some people believe it means you can be born in another country as long as your parents are citizens. It is interesting, and I think sometimes people point out that it’s a double standard, in the sense that people went out, hot and heavy, including Donald Trump you know, about President Obama when there was really nothing more than conjecture that he wasn’t born in the country, and yet there hasn’t been really the same outrage at all for someone who actually is born in another country.”

While I think all this year’s birther nonsense is just that, wouldn’t it be wonderful if Cruz gets the nomination and then it’s revealed he cannot be President because of this stuff?
Jennifer Lawrence, on Planned Parenthood and the recent terror attack at a PP clinic:

"It’s so awful…. It isn’t an attack on abortions; it’s an attack on women. Because Planned Parenthood is so much more [than abortion]. My mom was really religious with me when I was young. She’s not so much anymore. And I wouldn’t have been able to get birth control if it weren’t for Planned P. I wouldn't have been able to get condoms and birth control and all these things I needed as a normal teenager who was growing up in a Jesus house. And now, I am a successful woman who has not had a pregnancy."

Word. It may not be the place for everyone, but just because you’d never avail yourself to their services, doesn’t mean other women can’t, or shouldn’t.
President Obama, responding to Anderson Cooper's question about using the word “conspiracy” when discussing people who accuse him of wanting to take away guns:

“Yes. It is FAIR to call it a conspiracy. What are you saying? Are you suggesting that the notion that we are creating a plot to take everyone’s guns away so that we can impose martial law a conspiracy? Yes, that is a conspiracy. I would hope that you would agree with that. Is that controversial? Except on some websites are around the country? It is a false notion that I believe is circulated for either political reasons or commercial reasons in order to prevent a coming together among people of good will to develop common sense rules that will make us safer while preserving the second amendment.”

Thanks Obama, for telling it like it is. As I’ve said before, in his last year in office, the man has no more f**ks left to give.
Louis Virtel, on the GOP using his epic snap moment when he answered a question right on Jeopardy, as part of their Snapchat discussion of the State of the Union address:

"The fact that the GOP can’t detect gay pride in arguably the gayest "Jeopardy!" moment of all time is proof of their brutal ignorance. There is nothing sassy or cute about the GOP invoking my image to prove they're hip with the kids, who almost unanimously think they're a joke anyway. The GOP’s aggressive, anti-gay hysteria fills me with contempt, and this is just another laughably moronic mistake to consider alongside their regressive legacy. ... The GOP, meanwhile, deserves straightforward, unyielding derision. Though I’m still thunderstruck and depressed by the GOP’s error, I’ll phrase my final remark on their snafu in the form of a question: Who’s snapping now?"

Snap.
Just sayin’.

5 comments:

  1. Good one. Love people calling it as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good collection this morning. I am going down to the bank and safety deposit box this morning to see if my Canadian birth certificate is down there (new requirement for class one driver's license in WA now) to prove that I am an American citizen (born of American parents) then I will try and run for President....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @TDM
    You have MY vote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the dog's mother for president!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "wouldn’t it be wonderful if Cruz gets the nomination and then it’s revealed he cannot be President because of this stuff? YES.

    And now, I am a successful woman who has not had a pregnancy." YES!!! That's the point stupid people who are afraid of birth control and planned parenthood UGH.

    As for President Obama, I HOPE HE WRITES HIS MEMOIRS because I'm CERTAIN there will be so much more hatred and difficulty he had to deal with than we all can imagine. When an entire party signs a pledge to f***k with you ... that right there says it all.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......