Friday, January 22, 2016

I Didn't Say It ...

Idris Elba, British actor and, fingers crossed, maybe the first Black James Bond one day, calling for more gay representation on TV: 

“Diversity in the modern world is more than just skin color. It’s gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, social background, and — most important of all, as far as I’m concerned — diversity of thought.”

Well said, and quite true, but, well, you know me; I’m’a dip into the Shallow Pool and wonder when Idris will play gay in a film because I’d like to see that!
Janet Porter, Ohio state senate candidate and right-wing nut job, touting her crazy in an online video:

“I just happened to notice that I am Right Wing Watch’s second-most-watched woman in America, second only to former congresswoman and presidential candidate Michele Bachmann. It kind of made my day! Think about that. They have more articles about what I’ve been doing than they’ve posted about Governor Sarah Palin. They are watching. And they only watch those who they consider to be a threat.”

Um, Janet? Do you remember how much of a threat Palin was? No, because she's out of office now. Same goes for Bachmann, and the same fate awaits you, dear.
Gus Kenworthy, out gay Olympic skier, about almost coming out at the Sochi Games in Russia:

“Leading into the Russian Olympics there was all this anti-LGBT legislature and they had warned people about … if you’re gay … or if any of the athletes are gay, like, try not to show it because it’s very unsafe, it’s not accepted. And I was like, that’s bulls–t! I wasn’t even out. But I was like, that’s ridiculous. … I had a boyfriend at the time and had kind of talked about landing the best run ever and winning an Olympic gold medal and kissing him at the bottom … That would be my way of telling everyone. But it didn’t happen, and I’m glad it didn’t because I hadn’t told my mom, my dad, my brothers. It would have not only been a shock to the sport and to the Olympics, but my family would have been like, what the hell?”

I wish that had happened.
It would have been pure Olympic gold!
Mama Grizzly Bore™, endorsing Donald [t]Rump for President:

“What he has been able to do, which is really ticking people off, which I’m glad about — he’s going rogue left and right.  Looking around at all of you, you hard working Iowa families, you farm families and teachers and teamsters and cops and cooks, you rock and rollers and holy rollers! You all make the world go around and now our cause is one. Now what they’re doing is wailing that, ‘Well, Trump and his trumpeters, well they’re not conservative enough.’ Oh my goodness, gracious, what the heck would the establishment know about conservatism?”

Does this even make sense? And she'll be as much help to [t]Rump as she was to McCain.
Half-term endorses Half-wit.
Ricky Martin, on saying he’d like to have sex with a women, before saying he’d never have sex with a woman:

“I know that I like both men and women. I’m against sexual labels, we are simply human beings with emotional and sexual needs. I am gay, men fascinate me, but I like to enjoy sex in total freedom, so I’m open to having sex with a woman if I feel desire [but] men are my thing.”

Oh Ricky. You’re open to schtupping a woman but men are your thing? Then you are not open to schtupping a woman. You’re queer, dear, through and through.
Brandon Davis, football and rugby player for Montana State, coming out as gay:

"My name is Brandon Davis, and I am a proud gay African-American athlete. Now I want to be there for other people like me. I understand the struggle of feeling alone and wanting acceptance. If I can help one individual at a time, that would be such a blessing for me. There's no better copy than the original, and there is no better feeling in the world waking up without having to put on a mask. Know who you are and be yourself, you only get one time to be alive so don't waste your years being a replica of what society wants you to be."

Well said, welcome out.
And, of course, please accept our gift of the Obligatory Coming Out Toaster Oven™ and copy of The Gay Agenda.
Oh, and you’re adorable, too.

7 comments:

  1. Brandon Davis, best wishes to you and go Montana1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:35 AM

    Calling Ricky Martin a "Queer" is vicious and mean. That is the word that most of us were called when we were growing up. Many of us still bear the emotional scars.

    In the past, you have used that term before as an insult to people gay and straight. I can only conclude that you do not like yourself or other gay men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous [if that's your real name]
    Yes, you're right! I am a self-loathing gay man.

    Have you READ my blog and focused on anything other than that word? Ever heard of taking the word back?

    You don't like it, don't use it.

    You don't like to read it, don't come back here.

    I'm here, I'm queer, get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Bob, I love you! By the way, how many Obligatory Coming Out Toaster Ovens(TM) do you still have in stock? They must be verging on vintage by now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What the heck has Mama Grizzly Bore been smoking. Or sniffing. She doesn't make an iota of sense!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @martha - must be all those meth lab fumes in AK! but she hasn't made sense since 2008...

    @bob - I like you just the way you are! screw you, anonymous!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......